Transportation Security Officer (TSO)
Open & closing dates
02/03/2023 to 02/28/2023
Pay scale & grade
$67,873.00 to $98,216.00 PA
King Salmon, Alaska
Transportation Security Officers are responsible for providing security and protection of travelers across all transportation sectors in a courteous and professional manner. Their duties may also extend to securing high-profile events, important figures and/or anything that includes or impacts our transportation systems. Learn more about the Transportation Security Officer (TSO) role on the TSA Careers Website.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National and at least 18 years of age
- Pass a drug screening, medical evaluation, and background investigation
- Subject to post-employment random drug and/or alcohol testing
- Must be registered for Selective Service (males born after 12/31/59)
- Must be available to work various shifts and overtime, as needed
- Mandatory travel for training and occasional travel may be required
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) was created in the wake of 9/11 to strengthen the security of the nation’s transportation systems while ensuring the freedom of movement for people and commerce. Within a year, TSA assumed responsibility for security at the nation’s airports and deployed a Federal workforce to meet Congressional deadlines for screening all commercial airline passengers and baggage. In March 2003, TSA transferred from the Department of Transportation to the Department of Homeland Security.
TSA employs a risk-based strategy to secure U.S. transportation systems, working closely with stakeholders in aviation, rail, transit, highway, and pipeline sectors, as well as the partners in the law enforcement and intelligence community. The agency will continuously set the standard for excellence in transportation security through its people, processes, technologies and use of intelligence to drive operations.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) | King Salmon, Alaska