You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.Plus, Allstate is changing how, when, and where we work-to lead us boldly into our future. We're empowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and collaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Compensation range for this position is $56,600-$90,000 per year. Salary will fall based on experience.
The Adjusting Function is responsible for verifying policy coverage and limits. The Adjusting function investigates and evaluates damage and/or liability; estimates damages, losses, or total indemnity; sets and maintains reserves; and/or negotiates and settles claims. Third party liability and casualty claims involve coverage and liability investigation, negotiation, and settlement of policyholder and third-party liability, property damage, and bodily injury claims.
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for investigating complex claims when an attorney is representing the injured party which typically will include: (1) uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claims in single or multi car accidents; (2) Injury Casualty Soft Tissue (ICST), and represented- moderate or major claims; (3) complex Commercial Property Liability (CPL) or extra-contractual liability claims; (4) or specialized claims (e.g., business interruption, loss of income, E&O policies, etc.). The individual also handles claims involved in litigation, arbitration or mediation, coordinating with legal counsel and participating in depositions, hearings, trial, or arbitrations. The individual takes recorded statements, resolves loss of use claims, makes payments to appropriate parties, and negotiates and settles or refers bodily injury issues that cannot be resolved. The individual delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention while verifying coverage, investigating and determining liability, reviewing and determining damages, and negotiating and settling complex claims. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees and provides mentoring and coaching to the team. The individual works independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
In our virtual environment, adjusters are required to engage and participate on camera during online meetings and trainings.
• Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
• Researches and responds to complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
• Reviews customer satisfaction results; participates in determining necessary personal and business unit action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
• Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
• Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
• Determines and explains minimum coverage limits in complex claims involving single or multiple claimants
• Sets initial reserve, updates reserve, documents rationale and claim summary notes
• Obtains photos and/or conducts scene investigation
• Takes recorded statements from claimants, insureds, witnesses, medical providers, etc., conducts investigations into complex auto accidents, determines liability and prepares summaries
• Evaluates and determines potential use of experts; reviews reports and participates in selecting the expert
• Determines claim value
• Reviews file to identify complex potential legal issues
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
• Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
• Reviews medical reports in preparation for claims settlement evaluation
Other Projects and Responsibilities
• May participate in one or more complex special assignments
• May serve as a committee team lead for medium-sized projects or as a committee team member on large projects
• May serve as a subrogation or arbitration panelist
• May serve as an agent advocate
• Participates in targeted reviews
• May participate in oversight activities
• Researches, responds to, or participates in Department of Insurance complaints or investigations
• May assist or participate in Telephone Alert Conferences regarding complex claims referred to Home Office
• Assists in reviewing files and making recommendations to refer files to Home Office for escalation
• Assists in researching or responding to or resolving complex compliance issues
• High School Diploma/GED or higher (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
• Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
• Applies broad knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
• Applies broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
• Applies broad industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
• Applies broad knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
• Applies broad knowledge of problem solving and preparation of reports for analysis
• Applies broad ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
• Applies broad negotiation and/or arbitration skills
• Applies broad conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
• Applies broad problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
• Applies broad knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
• Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle complex claims
• Provides broad individual decision making within authority limits
• Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
Individuals with 2+ years prior Represented and/or Litigation adjusting experience could qualify for a $2,000 sign-on bonus.
Individuals with 3+ years of prior Unrepresented casualty or BI adjusting experience could qualify for a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
Anyone who has a resident Property and Casualty Adjusters License, or a Designated Home state Adjusters License in FL or TX experience could qualify for a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
- Bonus is prorated over the first year of employment.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “ here ” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “ here ” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “ here ”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “ here ”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
We’re reinventing the future of protection and we want you!
Allstate is actively seeking transitioning military service members, military veterans, and military spouses. We have tremendous opportunities for those self-starting people who are looking for challenge, and ready for change.
Active military and veterans sacrifice so much for this country. That's why we constantly strive to better serve the brave men and women of the armed forces. From hiring practices to community involvement, military initiatives have been a priority since Allstate was founded by a veteran in 1931.
Our business is one that is built on caring - a value that has been at the core of our relationship with customers, agents, and employees for more than 89 years. Allstate has built its reputation on promising to be there when customers need help to protect their lives, families, property, and communities.
The caring, integrity, and determination shown by current and former members of the armed forces reflects our core values. Expressed through community partnerships, grants, and investments, our business has been built on integrity and caring, too.
Currently, we have openings for these insurance sales positions:
- Insurance Agency Ownership
- Market Outside Sales Associate- Local/Remote
To apply, simply click on “Apply Now” and you will be directed to complete an application on our career page. Once there, please be sure to upload your resume so that you can be assigned to a recruiter who will contact you with next steps!
Thank you for your interest in Allstate. We welcome you and look forward to working you!
Allstate | Northbrook, Illinois
Allstate | Northbrook, Illinois
American Family Insurance | Chicago, Illinois
Allstate | Northbrook, Illinois
Allstate | Chicago, Illinois
Allstate | Chicago, Illinois