At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The Engineering and Sciences organization (E&S) pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Staff Systems Integration & Test (SI&T) Engineers to support test and verification activities of RF, EO/IR, EW, SIGINT or SATCOM. What you’ll get to do: As the lead developer of radars, COMMS, and SIGINT for some of the most advanced systems in the U.S. arsenal, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a world leader in advanced sensor systems and design. These include radars for the F-22, Joint Strike Fighter, F-16, B-1B, AWACS, MESA, G/ATOR and UAV systems such as Global Hawk. Qualified Systems Integration, Test & Evaluation (SITE) engineers will perform hands-on integration and testing of sophisticated RF sensor systems, including both hardware and software components in development and production environments; Synthesizes internal and external customer needs and requirements into system tests that acknowledge technical and schedule constraints; Participates in the development and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures, and schedules for verifying system requirements; participates in I&T readiness reviews, design reviews and conducts audits of I&T program facilities; Coordinates integrated testing activities that may include environmental, reliability and the occasional flight test; Reviews and evaluates test requirements to ensure completeness of test program; Performs analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive reports; Uses modeling and simulation tools to expedite testing of individual units before all system components are available and for troubleshooting and repair of failed units.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Testing/troubleshooting RF, EO/IR, SIGINT, and SATCOM systems
- Technical ability in a lab based integration and test environment
- Knowledge and experience with RF based test equipment
- Lead software and hardware teams in understanding expected unit level and system level behavior to define test cases and define & develop test capabilities that exercise and stress respective software and hardware capabilities.
- Lead software and hardware subject matter experts to ensure testing is producing expected data points.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of system integration plans and system test plans.
- Coordinate systems engineering technical reviews. Work with integration and test lead, lab management and information technology infrastructure teams to ensure the availability of requisite power, compute, physical security, safety mechanisms, and environmental conditioning.
Basic Qualifications for a Senior Principal:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline with 14 years’ experience, Master’s degree with 12 years’ experience, 9 years’ experience with PhD
- Must have active DoD Secret Clearance or higher
- Utilizes experience and knowledge of lab test equipment to develop and apply digital engineering tools and techniques to further the progress of digital transformation for Systems Engineering and Integration and Test.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving complex HW/SW integration problems
- Experience with RF, Radar Systems, EW, EOIR
- Experience working in and leading a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate internally and external team members
- Ability to qualify for program access based on customer requirements (SAP/SAR)
- Some experience working with embedded systems design and implementation
- Knowledge and experience in the development of ground, air, or sea-based radar systems
- Knowledge and experience with CAM/ EVMS
- Knowledge and experience with Cost and risk analyses
- Knowledge and experience with proposals, basis of estimate creation, etc.
- Knowledge and experience testing software written in C, C++.
- Knowledge and experience developing scripts in python to automate manual processes.
- Knowledge and experience coding in MATLAB to support capability characterization.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile principles, tools and implementation
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.