At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal/ Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer to join the Mission Defense Team. This position can be filled in Roy, UT or Huntsville, AL and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Final grade level will be based on experience.
What You’ll Get To Do:
The selected candidate will join our Mission Defense Team (MDT) and will support the Nuclear Surety sub-IPT in the following areas:
• Support testing and verification of electrical and software components for verification and validation activities
• Monitor and participate in test execution activities for electrical hardware
• Analyze software test results and communicate anomalies and/or issues to the electrical design teams
• Provide systems engineering, integration, and test support to ICBM development and modification program
• Apply the principles of engineering to verify the system design using applicable standards and specifications
• Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for mechanical, electrical and integrated systems
• Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports (Nuclear Surety Evaluations)
• Work with sub-contractors to ensure designs are compliant with AF and DoD criteria for nuclear weapons systems
• Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
• Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
• Interface with AF customer
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. Relocation assistance may be available
• Principal Engineer: A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline and 5 years of experience; 3 years with Master’s Degree; 0 years with PhD
• Sr. Principal Engineer: A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline and 9 years of experience; 7 years with Master’s Degree; 4 years with PhD
• Experience in design analysis with respect to requirements verification in any of the following areas:
Embedded Systems design and verification to include hardware and software especially Real-Time Operating Systems, C, and C++
VHDL and/or ASIC design, test, and verification
Common communications protocols such as TCP or UDP, RS-422, MIL-STD 1553, PCI-E, etc.
PCB design and layout
• Active DoD Secret clearance with a background investigation close date within the past 6 years
• Experience with complex DoD systems
• Active DoD TS clearance with a background investigation close date within the past 6 years
• Experience with nuclear weapon systems
• Experience with fault analysis methods such as Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis, Bent Pin Analysis, or Systems Theoretical Process Analysis-Security (STPA-Sec)
• Experience with Aerospace Safety standards such as DO-178C, ARINC-653, and/or MISRA C
• Experience using SysML, UPDM, and DoDAF models for software architecture and behavior
• Experience with any of the following tools: CORE, DOORs, Rhapsody, Cameo, MagicDraw
• Experience working with Nuclear Surety Standards (e.g. AFI 63-125, AFI 91-101, AFMAN 91-118/91-119, DoDM S-5210.41M/AFMAN 31-108)
• Experience in Systems Engineering in any of the following areas:
Requirements Management using MBSE techniques and tools including DOORs
Systems and end item requirements validation and verification
Design: Systems Design, Systems Architecture, Systems Integration, N2 Analysis, Trade Studies
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.