Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Verifies that the prescription information is complete and accurate.
- Retrieves, counts, pours, weighs, measures and sometimes mixes medication.
- Prepares the prescription labels, selects the type of container and affixes the prescription and other labels to the container.
- Prices and files the prescription and insures that it is checked by a Pharmacist before it is given to the patient.
- May establish and maintain patient profiles, prepare insurance claim forms and stocks and takes inventory of prescription medications.
- Refers any questions regarding prescriptions, drug information or health matters to a Pharmacist.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Pharmacist.
- Scan merchandise on the register.
- Stock merchandise on the shelves.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list.
Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
Walgreens is the the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA), and WBA is currently ranked No. 1 in the Food and Drug Industry list of Fortune's World Most Admired Companies (2019), and has been included on this list as WBA (or previously as Walgreen Co.) for the past 26 consecutive years.