- Under direct supervision, forecasts and communicates engineering, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers. Provides input to outsourcing decisions by performing make versus buy analysis. Coordinates demand signals through MRP to minimize inventory exposure.
- Participates in Materials Core Team and coordinates product development process deliverables with team members (buyers, planners, production control).
- Supports the creation, releases, and updates to new project materials strategy.
- Participates in commercialization (transition) materials plan. Participates in the material change control change process. Assists in supplier price and delivery negotiations; under direct supervision may negotiate contracts as necessary. Utilizes the preferred supplier selection and assessment process when selecting suppliers. Completes supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts. Monitors supplier performance (delivery, quality, cost).
- Works with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements. Assists in developing supplier and commodity road maps to engineering.
- Meets cost objectives and resolves quality issues. Generates and publishes Key Process Indicators (KPI). Tracks total landed costs targets.
- Works with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements. Assists in developing supplier and commodity road maps to engineering. Utilizes value analysis on build-to-print components in support of Should Cost analysis.
- Under direct supervision, mediate and partner in the resolution of supplier quality issues for assigned product groups.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paternity Leave
- Custom Work Station
- Disability Insurance
- Gym/ Wellness Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- On Site Gym/ Fitness Classes, Clinic (Site Dependent)
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Applied Materials job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Applied Materials' career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Applied Materials reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!