AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
The AT&T Global Public Sector Technology Office supports the US Federal Government and international agencies in designing, documenting, socializing, and ordering critical, full-spectrum data network services, including wireline and wireless data, cybersecurity, and managed network services.
AT&T has an opening for a Technical Sales Consultant 2 to support the US Federal Government. The Technical Sales Consultant 2 is responsible for serving as a subject matter expert on technical solutions to ensure successful customer integration and implementation of company products, services and solutions. This position will be on a shared services team responsible for validating customer-premises equipment (CPE) bills of materials, obtaining CPE quotes, submitting CPE orders, and tracking CPE orders through to delivery at distribution centers or customer facilities.
- Responsible for consulting with Federal government sales teams and customers to provide technical expertise regarding the design, customization, implementation and account management of complex technical products and services.
- Contributes to unit sales plan through pre-sales technical activities.
- Designs solutions and provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and ordering of company products to confirm the system is functioning according to specifications.
- Manages technical discussions in client meetings across multiple levels and disciplines to identify business and technical needs, issues and priorities.
- Formulates responses to customer inquiries/questions concerning complex system software and applications and provides software development and consultation to prospective users.
- Understands, develops and delivers products/services/systems/solutions to customers business, information, technical and educational needs.
- Requires a working knowledge of company products and services
Must be a US Citizen and be able to attain Government Clearance
- 3+ years of experience in Telecommunications/Networking
- In-depth, working knowledge of client business drivers, applications, and networking industry trends, including one of more of: wireline/wireless networks, cybersecurity, routing/switching equipment and protocols, SD-WAN, VoIP.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external cross-functional organizations and customers.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to work well both independently and as proactive team member.
- 3+ years for technical consulting experience.
- Experience across the AT&T data, IP, and/or cybersecurity service portfolio.
- Proven ability to work with wide range of organizations and extended teams
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
AT&T is bringing it all together for our customers, from revolutionary smartphones to next-generation TV services and sophisticated solutions for multi-national businesses.
For more than a century, we have consistently provided innovative, reliable, high-quality products and services and excellent customer care. Today, our mission is to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. We're fulfilling this vision by creating new solutions for consumers and businesses and by driving innovation in the communications and entertainment industry.
We're recognized as one of the leading worldwide providers of IP-based communications services to businesses. We also have the nation's most reliable 4G LTE network.* We also have the largest international coverage of any U.S. wireless carrier, offering the most phones that work in the most countries. AT&T operates the nation's largest Wi-Fi network** including more than 32,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots at popular restaurants, hotels, bookstores and retailers, and provides access to nearly 1 million hotspots globally through roaming agreements.
AT&T U-verse is TV inspired by you. It's TV the way you want it, with tons of cool features and capabilities. AT&T is the only national TV service provider to offer a 100-percent IP-based television service. It's part of our "three-screen" integration strategy to deliver services across the three screens people rely on most - the mobile device, the PC and the TV.
As we continue to break new ground and deliver new solutions, we're focused on delivering the high-quality customer service that is our heritage.