At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our Miami, Florida office.
As our Investment Specialist you'll be delivering professional investment support to internal and external clients of HSBC WPB HNW and Wealth Division who direct their own securities trades through HSBC. Provides professional and efficient trade execution by providing customers and IC/RMs with market color and or guidance on execution of trades. Ensures best execution of client-directed order flow maximizing best outcomes for the customer by exercising extensive knowledge of trading platforms and investments. Minimizes risk and potential loss by strictly following written procedures and regulatory guidelines. Develops effective relationships with internal and external counterparts, works in collaboration with ICs, RMS and Product Specialists providing products, platforms and background information as they develop trade ideas suitable for clients of HSBC WPB. Works independently relying on investment experience and knowledge of domestic and international securities including equities, options, fixed income, mutual funds, structured products, FX, precious metals, OTC derivatives, etc. You must have a Series 7 and 66.
Our purpose - Opening up a world of opportunity - explains why we exist. We're here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up new kinds of opportunity for our more than 40 million customers. We're bringing together the people, ideas and capital that nurture progress and growth, helping to create a better world - for our customers, our people, our investors, our communities and the planet we all share.
Here's what you might expect on a typical day:
- Order receipt, entry and execution for all non-discretionary products for HSBC WPB clients
- Products include all domestic and international equities, options, fixed income, mutual funds, structured products, foreign exchange, precious metals, OTC derivatives
- Execute trades properly, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and adherence to trade procedures.
- Maintain compliant and accurate trade blotters.
- Identify, respond to and report trade discrepancies; immediately investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Provide product and execution guidance and support for all Wealth RMs, ICs, ICAs, CSEs, Product Specialists and HNW supervisors
- Experience in booking of trades, investigating trade breaks and resolving trade discrepancies
- Impeccable communication skills, verbal and written, in multiple languages (English mandatory, Spanish preferred, Portuguese desirable)
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Ability to independently resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Sound judgment, keen sense of urgency and high level of professional and personal integrity.
- Support Middle Office and Operations on all trade related matters and reports
- Support Business Management and Regulatory Compliance
- Respond to regulatory inquiries as needed
- Receive, review and analyze a variety of reports and documents for accuracy
- Maintain proper desk activity records
- Identify, communicate and escalate system issues to relevant parties to reduce operational risk.
- Ensure integrity of sales process and compliance with all HSBC and regulatory policies.
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
- Licensed Registered Representative, Series 7, 63 and 65 or 66
- Language Skills: English is a requirement; Spanish and/or Portuguese are highly preferred.
- Minimum of two to five years proven and progressive service and related financial services industry experience or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in business, related field or equivalent experience
- Strong research, communication, organizational, analytical, customer service, sales and problem-solving skills
- Sound knowledge of markets and traditional and non-traditional service providers
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software, for example, Bloomberg, Pershing NetX360, Microsoft Outlook, specifically Excel, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and impeccable phone manners - Must be well-spoken and well written, with a people focused attitude
- Strong knowledge of regulations affecting area of responsibility
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Our global businesses serve more than 40 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 64 countries and territories.
Whether you are looking for a first job or taking the next step in your career, we offer many ways for you to realise your ambitions. Come and work with us and you'll have opportunities to make connections all over the world and help build the bank for the future.
If you would like to notify the Diversity Recruitment team of your application or if you are simply interested in learning about opportunities at HSBC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Talent Community today! https://hsbc.avature.net/su/efbe2e86d4b0c30d
HSBC | Miami, Texas
CVS Health | Pampa, Texas
CVS Health | Pampa, Texas
Sysco | Pampa, Texas