At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer focus of the top-tier enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI's foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here! You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and a diverse group of people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace
where you'll belong and be encouraged.
"Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development"
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure systems for the cloud? The OCI team is building new technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud
environment. Our customers depend on our work to run their businesses and our mission is to provide them with the best in class set of cloud-based services.
We are looking for hands-on, distributed systems engineers and architects with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems within large-scale, global platforms. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. This is an exciting time in our journey - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have a significant technical and business impact.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience designing, building, and implementing distributed, cloud-scale systems. You should be both a rock-solid coder and a distributed systems generalist that is
comfortable diving deep into any part of the stack, including interaction with hardware. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent proven experience
- 5-8 years experience building and operating large scale, highly available, cloud-based distributed systems
- Specialist skill in a modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, Go, or Python, with proficiency in additional languages preferred
- Validated understanding of operating system fundamentals
- Strong understanding of data models and distributed persistence technologies
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Proficiency in network, distributed, asynchronous, and concurrent programming
- Knowledge of professional software engineering standard methodologies for the full software development process
- Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Experience using Amazon Web Services such as EC2, EBS, Lambda, Dynamo, and S3 or equivalents
- Proven track record to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Passion for technical leadership and mentoring
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Experience with big data solutions
- Direct experience with fleet orchestration for both virtual and containerized workloads
- Knowledge of Machine Learning fundamentals
- Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures
- Working familiarity with storage principles, protocols, and practices
- Working familiarity with building secure software using modern security principles
- Technical leadership experience
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 132201 in the subject line of the email.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what's been done before. That's why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
For over three decades, Oracle has been the center of innovation for business software—birthplace of the first commercially available relational database, the first suite of internet-based applications, and the next-generation enterprise-computing platform, Oracle Fusion. Today, Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe. And Oracle's 104,500 global employees—including 30,000 developers working full-time on Oracle products—are critical to that success.
Oracle recruiters are always searching for brilliant employees with an entrepreneurial spirit, looking for a work culture where innovation is the goal, hard work is expected, and creativity is rewarded. Oracle employees enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health benefits, and a network of like-minded co-workers that drive innovation across the entire technology industry.