Responsible for providing food and beverage STAR Service to Members and Guests while consistently displaying the Three Steps of Service at every opportunity. Work closely and coordinate with other team members to ensure Member/Guest satisfaction and retention.
This position reports directly to the FB Director, Service Director, and Banquet Manager with indirect reporting to the Private Events Director, Captain, and General Manager.
Day to Day:
- Maintain ClubCorp service standards as outlined in the FB Service training program(s) at high standards
- Responsible for food and beverage service to Members and guests, adhering to the ClubCorp standards of service.
- Complete and comprehensive knowledge of the a la carte menu is mandatory, including daily features and specials that may not be available directly on the menu.
- Accurately execute Member/Guest orders and requests in an attentive and timely fashion.
- Know Member names and greet them promptly while providing a warm welcome making them feel at home.
- Ensure that room(s) is set up correctly, bussed consistently, cleaned continually and know how the room needs to be set-up for the next event, if applicable.
- Ensure daily assignments and side work is complete in respective areas to meet Club standards. Consistantly sanitize work areas, refill/stock containers and supplies, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employees, Members and guests to ensure delivery of the Three Steps of Service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify management of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Practice good service recovery by rectifying any complaints as soon as possible.
- Complete additional duties as assigned by the FB Director, Service Director, Private Events Director, etc.
- Possess clear knowledge of all various liquors, beer and wines available at the Club.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last minute requests as needed.
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assure that others are acting safely.
- Follow all service department, club and corporate guidelines and policies as instructed by supervisor, policies and manuals.
- Attend all Service Training Meetings as requested.
- Attend daily line-up and participate as requested.
- Wear a clean and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
- A high school diploma preferred.
- Previous Food and Beverage experience preferred.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Server Certifications as required by State and City.
- You have completed FB Service Training.
- Excellent communication skills and articulate speech.
- Ability to communicate and follow instructions.
- You are comfortable working in both indoor and occasional outdoor environments.
Since its founding in 1957, Dallas-based ClubCorp has operated with the central purpose of Building Relationships and Enriching Lives®. ClubCorp is a leading owner-operator of private golf and country clubs and private business clubs in North America. ClubCorp owns or operates a portfolio of over 200 golf and country clubs, business clubs, sports clubs, and alumni clubs in 28 states, the District of Columbia and two foreign countries that serve over 430,000 members, with approximately 20,000 peak-season employees. ClubCorp properties include: Firestone Country Club (Akron, Ohio); Mission Hills Country Club (Rancho Mirage, California); The Woodlands Country Club (The Woodlands, Texas); Capital Club Beijing; and The Metropolitan (Chicago, Illinois).