The Senior Fire Protection Engineer will be responsible for completing projects with little or no supervision. Projects include all aspects of fire protection engineering design from 'cradle to grave'. This includes the responsibilities of proposal preparation, complete system design, site evaluations, and testing and commissioning of systems. Typical projects and types of systems include: fire sprinklers, fire pumps, high expansion foam, clean agent systems, fire alarm and mass notification systems. Typical buildings and facilities include: office buildings, storage and warehouses, aircraft hangars, and maintenance facilities.
- Complete fire protection system designs and be the designer of record for sprinkler, fire pump, fire alarm and mass notification systems
- Be responsible for project budgets and project work schedules
- Assist junior staff with project completion
- Perform hydraulic calculations for sprinkler and fire pump design
- Analyze life safety requirements for buildings, including building code compliance, occupant load calculations and egress analysis
- Perform on-site system evaluations and assist with final system testing
- Summarize submittals and contractor Requests for Information for review
- Coordinate designs with other engineering disciplines
- Bachelor's Degree in Fire Protection Engineering; Master's Degree is preferred
- 9+ years of professional experience
- P.E. License
- Experience in Fire Protection system design including: fire sprinkler systems, fire pumps, clean agent systems, high expansion foam systems, fire alarm and mass notification systems
- Experience in computer generated hydraulic design
- Knowledge of and experience with building and design codes, specifically IBC, NFPA 101, NFPA 13 and NFPA 72
- AutoCAD and Revit experience are preferred
Michael Baker International, a global leader in engineering, planning and consulting has been partnering with communities since 1940 to solve their most complex infrastructure challenges with a legacy of expertise, experience, innovation and integrity.
Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, security management, systems integration and intelligence solutions. Our clients include federal, state, and municipal governments; foreign allied governments; and a wide range of private development and other commercial partners.
When Michael Baker Jr. first established his engineering firm in 1940, he envisioned a company that would serve as a property surveyor or designer of roads, bridges, buildings and sewage systems, and also as a trusted, long-term partner with local communities and distant nations. His employees strove to transform communities, companies, states and even nations, adopting dual roles as both caring neighbors and innovative nation builders. Baker instilled in his employees the drive to deliver improved quality of life and the desire to make a difference.
Baker built a lasting legacy that today forms the foundation on which we continue to serve and grow. Today, we continue to leverage our collective expertise and experience to make the communities we serve better. We strive to make them safer, more accessible, more environmentally sustainable and more livable. We facilitate their transformation supported by differentiating innovation, technologies and dedicated employees. We are change agents, leading our partners around the world into the future.
Our greatest differentiator, though, is our employees who demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. That’s why we engage our people, educate and train them, develop their careers, and invest in their futures. We give them opportunities around the world to exercise and expand their skills and expertise. We reward innovation and collaboration that lead to the best solutions for our clients. As a company, We Make a Difference.
To most effectively serve our clients, Michael Baker International is organized into three distinct business units: Engineering & Consulting; Sallyport Global Holdings; and SC3, which are described below.
ENGINEERING, PLANNING AND CONSULTING
The Engineering, Planning and Consulting business unit encompasses the complete life-cycle of planning, environmental assessment, engineering design, construction management, and facilities maintenance for projects in more than 38 countries on five continents. We provide a full continuum of solutions for a broad range of markets, including highways, bridges, airports, rail and mass transit systems, domestic and overseas government and commercial facilities, water and wastewater infrastructure, energy infrastructure and urban planning and development.
Professional Services – As part of Engineering, Planning and Consulting, this business unit provides high-value, differentiated engineering and professional services around the globe, including specialized construction services, cost management support and engineering support.
Michael Baker | ,
HERC - Southern California | ,
Dominion Energy | ,
Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc. | ,
AT&T | ,
Oracle Corporation | ,
AT&T | ,
Herc - Norcal | ,
AT&T | ,