Acts as CSR / Logistics Coordinator / Waste Management coordinator / Waste Technician for customer-site work. May require overseeing performance of subcontractors.
Must have in depth knowledge and be able to understand and apply RCRA (Resource Conservation & Recovery Act of 1976), DOT & EPA regulations as they affect the packing, transportation, and disposal of hazardous waste.
- Work in a safe manner while constantly striving for no incidents or accidents.
- Know and understand all rules and regulations specific for customer site.
- Prepare or confirm accuracy of all paperwork associated with shipping hazardous waste.
- Complete site inspections and audits.
- Consolidation of non-hazardous and class 2 waste for roll off.
- Arrange for samples and profiles to be submitted to TSDF (Treatment Storage Disposal Facility), coordinate expired profile program.
- Track and maintain profiles submitted to TSDF, and make sure TSDF processes in a timely manner; resolve profile issues with Outside Sales Representative, TSDF, ChemCare Sales Coordinator, and customer.
- Receive orders for pickup of customer wastes; develop calendar for monthly and/or quarterly pickup schedule, if applicable. Coordinate pickups with Univar ChemCare office, transporters, and TSDF’s as appropriate.
- Perform waste sampling and submittal to appropriate TSDF.
- Comply with all company policies, rules and guidelines.
- Occasionally may load and unload company trucks and common carriers using forklift and other required equipment on customer site.
- Prepare for shipment and load hazardous waste destined for off-site recycling/disposal facilities.
- Prepare pickup and transport customer wastes.
- Inventory waste materials at customer locations and prepare necessary paperwork.
- Maintain a good driving record and obtain a CDL license if required.
- Utilize and develop skills and/or obtain endorsements or certifications (i.e., CDL, CHMM, RCRA / DOT) that align with scope of work.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Lab packing
- Drum preparation
This position will interact with the following stakeholders / teams: Sales, Field Service Specialists, ChemCare Coordinators, ChemCare Operations Supervisors / Managers and EC, Regulatory Support Group, Carriers, EHS Director and Staff, TSDFs (partners), Subcontractors, Project Manager / Supervisor at customer site.
Customer-site duties may vary from job to job, but routine duties should include proper handling of any waste generated at site. This must include working in a safe manner to protect yourself as well as co-workers while meeting all regulations including EPA, DOT, & State Regulations, as well as any customer or disposal facility requirements. Determine waste stream classification. Identify proper EPA waste code and proper DOT shipping name assignment. Determine proper segregation of waste by hazard class and disposal facility requirements for lab packing. Assist sales in monitoring performance of subcontractors.
Customer liaison between customer contact, disposal facility, Univar Solutions, and any contractors utilized. Identify and inform point of contact of any unsafe work conditions or practices. Monitor daily costs to determine if working within customer budgeted amounts.
Education, Experience and Training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- General college science background in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science or comparable work experience.
- Must have in depth knowledge of RCRA, and DOT, and EPA regulations, acquired through documented hands on work experience.
- Current 40-hour Hazwoper
- Successful completion of Basic Plus (Houston Safety Rating Course), if applicable.
- Respiratory FIT test, if applicable.
- Function specific training.
- Required customer-site specific training, if applicable.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft office suite. Ability to use Access for data base management and creating tables & reports. Requires intermediate level understanding of Excel.
- Ability to classify waste according to RCRA, EPA, and DOT regulations.
- Ability to learn proper methods for handling hazardous materials and wastes.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to operate an industrial powered lift truck or forklift according to company procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to use and maintain respiratory protection equipment.
- CDL License, if required.
Physical Demands / Environmental Conditions / Other Requirements:
- Physical ability to lift 15 to 20 pounds.
- Physical ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Pass company physical and drug screen tests. Participate in company medical surveillance program and certified to wear respirator.
- Exposure to fumes, dirt, noise, and hazardous chemicals on a daily basis. May require safety equipment and/or precautions.
- This role will also require travel. The estimated travel is up to 10%.
About Univar Solutions:
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
As a Field Technician, you will be joining our ChemCare business unit. ChemCare delivers tailored end-to-end sustainable waste management solutions. As a national provider of complete and unbiased environmental programs and support, ChemCare from Univar Solutions works with manufacturing, industrial, and municipal customers to create safe, cost-effective programs that drive sustainability.
Through a variety of service offerings, our customers can outsource any piece of their waste stream, from waste services that involve chemical handling, recycling, reuse and disposal; to industrial services like tank cleaning, site remediation or high-pressure water blasting; to emergency response and training. Our goal is to fill the gaps in your operation so your staff can focus on your core business.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
You’ve proudly protected our freedom and we’d be honored to have you on our team!
Our purpose at Univar Solutions is to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe. We are an integral part of providing critical products to the communities where we live, play, and work through the incredible efforts of our people… our greatest strength.
We believe military service is synonymous with our core values:
- Serious About Safety
- We Do What We Say
- Where People Matter
- Valuable To Others
- Together We Win
Our Military Commitment
Univar Solutions is committed to supporting Military Veterans and Families by creating a world-class environment for Veterans to grow their careers as members of our team. Our Veterans Resource Network enables a safe, welcoming, and collaborative environment for all Military Veterans by:
- Recognizing and promoting the skills and experiences Veterans deliver in an organization
- Engaging and empowering Veterans, Veteran Families, and supporters to enhance professional development, career advancement, and personal enrichment
- Providing education and support for Veterans and Veteran Families’ needs
- Creating a culture of inclusion and diversity that embraces Veterans and welcomes them into an environment where their experiences, opinions, and contributions are truly valued
- Advocating for and financially contributing to Veteran causes and charities
- Ensuring we can be a preferred employer of Veterans
Come join Univar Solutions as one of hundreds of Veterans in our ranks who are helping us to redefine Chemical and Ingredient Distribution!
FedEx Ground | Bryson City, North Carolina
Walgreens | Franklin, North Carolina
Walgreens | Brevard, North Carolina
Wells Fargo | Brevard, North Carolina
Wells Fargo | Brevard, North Carolina
Wells Fargo | Franklin, North Carolina
Wells Fargo | Brevard, North Carolina
Wells Fargo | Cashiers, North Carolina
Wells Fargo | Sylva, North Carolina
Wells Fargo | Waynesville, North Carolina