Working in an agile software development environment, the DevOps / CI-CD Automation Engineer is responsible for automating build-test-deploy lifecycle for wide variety of applications/services in the cloud. As part of the Advanced Solutions Group team you will focus on enhancing platform services and contributing code to multiple automation projects. You will also utilize engineering and programming skills focused on enabling a DevOps model, participating with Architecture, Operations and Engineering teams within Agile processes. The role will include systems and solution design within the existing architecture, as well as design/implementation of improvements to meet business needs. The Senior DevOps engineer will work collaboratively with the Development, IT Operations, and QA teams both onshore and offshore in implementing software configuration management best practices to accelerate and optimize delivery methodologies.
Principle Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Responsible for maintaining the tools and processes for a large, enterprise level system in a fast-paced, agile, service-oriented environment.
- Good understanding of the full stack software development (databases, services, REST, client-side, user interface).
- Work with team members to manage and administer enterprise-wide development tools
- Automate build, packaging, testing and deployment processes using tools and/or scripts.
- Responsible for continuous integration and continuous deployment for multiple initiatives across all products.
- Work with Configuration team to enable regular, independent audits of environment profiles, and build and release activities.
- Work with production release team to identify and implement methodology for highly flexible and responsive releases (weekly, biweekly, monthly and bimonthly).
- Automate end to end build processes, patching, and production product deployments.
- Structure and maintain the software configuration management to build very secure and high availability systems.
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand. Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues.
- Build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient SaaS application platform to meet established SLAs.
- Provide support to development teams that use the automated infrastructure. Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production.
- Working closely with Delivery teams to engineer solutions for production/enterprise automation efforts across all lines of business within Enterprise Client Engineering.
- Work with various stakeholders to set-up required lower level and production environments including the deployment of applications, artifacts and tools.
- Review deployment procedures and execute deployments that ensure environment reproducibility.
- Incorporate software testing automation at multiple levels (component, configuration item, subsystem, system) and monitor results.
- Emphasize automation, implement processes, procedures and best practice guidelines for code management.
- Manage cross-functional requirements working with Engineering, Product, Services, and other departments.
- Guide teams with DevOps best practices, including improved scalability, performance, reliability, and speed to market.
- Interface with leadership, Group Leads, and Lead Architects to convey infrastructure requirements, plan, and schedule deployment of tasks, and resolve any issues that impact deployment of the Application delivery systems.
- Complete all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Complete all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Master's or Bachelor’s in engineering in IT/ Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / Information Systems.
- 5+ years of work experience in the field or in a related area with proven enterprise level experience in a software configuration management role, application stack deployment and support experience, and experience being a member of a software project life cycle team.
- 2+ years of hands on experience deploying/monitoring cloud-based applications in Azure or AWS. Experience in Microsoft Azure preferred.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience with Deployment Automation & Orchestration platform (Jenkins).
- Experience with collaborative version control systems (Git/ GitHub/ Subversion/ Bitbucket).
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
- Knowledge of basic Java/Python deployment constructs in both web and thick client applications.
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- CI/CD Project Management Tools: JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with cloud computing and container solutions such as Amazon EC2, Docker.
- Experience with managing code repositories and best practices as it relates to DevOps.
- Experience in Orchestration platform (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python) to develop automation tools.
- Experience developing applications embracing Agile principles.
- Strong understanding of software project release automation.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Oracle DB deployments.
- Professional with ability to properly handle confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn and quickly absorb new material, Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and adaptive capacity for rapidly changing priorities and workloads
- Ability to work well independently and maintain focus in a highly dynamic work environment.
- Comfort in working with team members that are remote and located in the US, India or other geographies
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
For the safety of our employees and those considering employment with Cotiviti, we are currently conducting all interviews virtually. In addition, the majority of the Cotiviti team is currently working remotely, and we are onboarding new hires remotely as well. As we monitor the pandemic, these arrangements may change and we will update accordingly.
Cotiviti is a leading solutions and analytics company that leverages unparalleled clinical and financial datasets to deliver deep insight into the performance of the healthcare system. These insights uncover new opportunities for healthcare organizations to collaborate to improve their financial performance, reduce inefficiency, and improve healthcare quality.
We focus on improving the financial and quality performance of our clients. In healthcare, this means taking in billions of clinical and financial data points, analyzing them, and then helping our clients discover ways they can improve efficiency and quality. In addition, we support retail and life/legal industries with data management and recovery audit services.
Cotiviti applies deep data science and market expertise to help healthcare organizations in three critical areas:
· Payment Accuracy: analyzing data flowing between payers and providers to ensure that claims are paid appropriately
· Risk Adjustment: ensuring that health plans accurately capture and report how sick their members are so that plans are appropriately reimbursed for the healthcare services their members receive
· Quality and Performance: evaluating healthcare cost, quality, and utilization at individual, provider, and population levels to identify the best opportunities for financial and clinical performance improvement
Broadcom | Plano, Texas
AMN Healthcare | Dallas, Texas
Bank of America | Addison, Texas
Bank of America | Richardson, Texas
AT&T | Dallas, Texas
Accenture | Irving, Texas
Bank of America | Addison, Texas
Raytheon | Richardson, Texas
Raytheon | Richardson, Texas
Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits | Dallas, Texas