We have an exciting role as an Ancillary Nurse with Minute Clinic. In this new role you will be in an important role as part of the clinic team. Under the leadership of a Minute Clinic Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, the ancillary nurse will promote the evidence-based practice in all patient encounters as they perform the major job responsibilities within the scope of their training. You will assist patients and perform or assist patients with all clinical services available at our clinics. The ancillary nurse will perform tasks such as patient registration and intake, assisting with wait room management and other responsibilities to enhance the patient experience. Clinical responsibilities to include phlebotomy and specimen collection services, vaccine injection, patient assessment activities during intake such as vital signs, and performing diagnostic tests such as EKG, Retinopathy screening and point of care testing (including COVID testing).
• You will provide excellent patient-focused activities and connections with your patients to meet our mission on to help people on their path to better health.
• Clinic Operations Support is a major function of this role as you will participate daily in equipment ordering and preparing the clinic for the best patient experience.
Sign-on bonus does not apply if you are already working with CVS Health/MinuteClinic
An LPN/LVN or Registered Nurse License must be full, active and unrestricted in the State for which you are applying (This included a Territory or Common Wealth of the United States or District of Columbia)
• One year minimum related work experience in a healthcare setting.
• Experience documenting within an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
• Experience with documentation of care, medication administration, infection control precautions, assessing patient educational needs, physical assessment, obtaining vital signs, performing point of care testing and care coordination.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Previous experience in Primary Care, Urgent Care or Emergency Room
• Previous phlebotomy experience
State approved or accredited licensed RN, LPN or LVN
At MinuteClinic, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."
CVS Health | Woodstock, Georgia
CVS Health | Norcross, Georgia
CVS Health | Lawrenceville, Georgia
CVS Health | Suwanee, Georgia
CVS Health | Atlanta, Georgia
CVS Health | Smyrna, Georgia
CVS Health | Stockbridge, Georgia
CVS Health | Marietta, Georgia
CVS Health | Dallas, Georgia
CVS Health | Canton, Georgia