As a Senior Data Engineer in the Analytics and Behavior Change group, You will be working on the Deployment and Experimentation platform to deliver personalized nudges to improve member health and encourage healthy actions. You will Lead and participate in the design, build and management of large-scale data structures, pipelines, and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows.
Your Main Responsibilities will Include:
- Developing large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Writing ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
- Collaborating with the data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes.
- Using knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines.
- Using strong programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
- Building data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers.
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Analyzing current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions.
· 5 + years of relevant Data Engineering experience.
· 3 + years of professional experience with Java, Python and other related programming languages.
· 3 + years of experience with Distributed data/computing tools (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Spark, or MySQL).
· Experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
· Experience with API’s.
· Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
· Strong knowledge on building a continuous integration and deployment pipeline.
This position is a remote opportunity and is also available in New York City - Hartford, CT and Wellesley, MA.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
· Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
· 2+ years of experience with a public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
· Experience with Add Google, Big Query and DataProc.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."