The Chemist will be integral part of Research and Development Department by supporting new product development with creation of new samples and conducting stability testing for new products primarily serving the household, industrial, and institutional cleaning markets.
The Chemist will perform analysis of various samples for composition and performance, assist in reformulating current products, review new and/or existing product formulations, verify products are formulated in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Analyze and reverse engineer competitive products and customer supplied samples using FTIR and wet chemistry titration techniques
- Formulation and Samples creation in compliance with current and upcoming Regulatory/Environmental requirements for internal use and customer sampling
- Performance Testing of competitive products, trial Samples and finished goods
- Generating detailed analytical reports
- Development and implementation of new testing procedures, including establishing finished product and in-process testing parameters
- New raw materials validation and documentation
- Product recommendations to match the customers’ requirements and specifications
- Research for new materials and technologies
Specific Duties & Tasks
- Conduct sample creation for all projects in a variety of categories such as Food & Beverage, Water Treatment, Dairy, Laundry, Agriculture, Metal Working, Janitorial, and Institutional Products utilizing in-depth knowledge of chemical ingredients and processes that meets the desired technical specifications and regulations
- Supervise scale up first batch manufacturing for newly developed products
- Create Quality Control test specifications on newly developed products and production samples to verify production batches meet product specifications
- Perform product stability studies on newly developed formulations
- Research and evaluate new raw materials for compliance with minimum standards
- Develop new test procedures as needed
- Communicate directly with Sales and customers on project objectives and parameters. Once parameters are determined, recommend an existing product, or formulate new product meeting customer's requirements
- Provide technical support to the company's customers, field sales and service personnel with respect to product recommendations, field testing and troubleshooting
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Applied Materials, or related sciences
- Minimum 3 years in Chemical manufacturing environment/laboratory
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]]
Why Kelly - Since 2011 we have placed over 16,000 Veterans
Kelly applies targeted recruiting initiatives to the Veterans population (in all stages of transition) by aligning customer defined requirements with military skills and experience. The transition from military to civilian life can be stressful and complex for veterans, and our staff is trained to assist in this transition. Unlike our competition, Kelly places these resources without geographic or industry constraints, offering our customers and our employees greater flexibility. Kelly has a wide variety of local opportunities, for Veterans and their spouses, within our workforce solutions as well as national recruiting programs on behalf of our customers. Kelly’s leading placement opportunities for Veterans are within Information Technology, Engineering, Science, Light Industrial and Call Center.
Our specially trained Veteran recruiters are armed with a number of tools to help Veterans obtain roles that match their potential including skill translation tools, leading Veteran- centric job boards and Veteran/spouse social media networks, among others.
Through Kelly’s vast branch network, we are closely located to the majority of major military installations across the United States. Kelly recruiters participate in onsite and virtual military career fairs as well as advertise through local and national Veteran job boards. In recent years, over 150 Kelly branches have worked directly with their local military installations to recruit spouses and transitioning personnel. These teams not only engages with transitioning talent from local bases, but also have a strong focus on Veterans in areas where the military has identified high Veteran unemployment. This approach ensures that military talent is engaged and shared across the centralized military recruiting team and documented in a centralized database, so that other Kelly locations can benefit from hiring or relocating this valuable pool of talent.
Our focus on military recruiting is a win on multiple levels. Kelly gains top talent with the skills needed to excel; our clients receive the benefit of that talent to help them compete in an ever challenging business landscape; and Veterans receive gainful employment in line with their skills and abilities to ease the transition to the next phase of their lives.
A People Company, Staffing the World
Kelly founded the temporary staffing industry in 1946, and has maintained a leadership position through the years based on a valuable premise: we invest in people. Today that focus benefits our customers wherever they operate around the globe - in a growing number of specialized fields. And we’ll continue to meet the evolving challenges of workforce flexibility with staffing solutions tailored to your precise business needs, both locally and worldwide.
Kelly | Long Beach, California
Kelly | Long Beach, California
Kelly | Commerce, California
Kelly | Irvine, California
Kelly | Los Angeles, California
Kelly | Orange, California
Kelly | Tustin, California
Kelly | Anaheim, California
Kelly | Pasadena, California
Kelly | Orange, California