Software Development Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Software Development Engineer who will be involved with the Federal Aviation Administration’ (FAA), NextGen Air Traffic program.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
Working both, as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control display software within an object-oriented environment (primarily Java) on a UNIX/Linux platform.• Performing software development as needed.• Providing support needed for system engineering.• Articulating user needs and requirements from high level designs.• Developing the design for the user interface framework including client and server side components; analyzing and designing databases within an application.
• Bachelor’s degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum of 2+ years of professional experience; or less than 2 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.• Experience in object-oriented design and development with the Java programming language on a large-scale (>20 K-SLOC) development. • Experience in following a documented Software Development Process.• Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.• Strong integration skills.• Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
Desired Skills:• Development experience in other computer languages (Java, C++, Perl, etc.).• FAA air traffic domain knowledge.• Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion or CVS.
Pay Range: REQNUMBER: R-00067874-OTHLOC-PL-2D0108
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
At Leidos, quality performance means two things:
- Satisfying our customers by delivering the products and services they need on time and in budget.
- Continuously improving our processes so that our work meets requirements and is done right the first time.
Our proprietary EngineeringEdge® solution gives us a consistent, company-wide approach to planning, designing, developing, and delivering solutions that achieve our customers’ goals. Comprehensive and customizable, EngineeringEdge is based on industry standards and best practices from:
- CMMI®, the CMMI Institute.
- Project Management, the Project Management Institute.
- the International Organization for Standardization (ISO®).
- the International Council on Systems Engineering/INCOSE Corporation.
- Electronic Industries Alliance.
- Our four decades experience on a wide range of programs.
Many Leidos organizations have been able to earn coveted CMMI maturity level 3 and higher, as well as ISO 9001 organizational designations.
In addition, we have our own high standards for ethics and performance.
Investors : Employee Code of Conduct
What does this mean to our clients? High quality products and services, developed in an environment committed to continuously improving processes and uncompromising ethics.