The Store Manager In Training (SMIT) job is a development focused role that is crafted to prepare you for a CVS Store Manager position.
The SMIT program is designed to enhance your career as a future store leader. We support your development towards the store manager role by participating in a self-paced, collaborative training over the span of 16 weeks.
We provide both virtual and hands on learning experiences to develop you as a leader. Our team of people, that support your growth toward your leadership career include: your District Leader, Human Resources Business Partner, Training Store Manager, and your Store Manager coach.
Some of the skills needed for this role are:
• Communicate well verbally and in writing to support and lead your team.
• Perform customer care duties to provide high levels of service.
• Execute merchandising strategies to support store sales growth.
• Manage the store inventory and assets to maintain profitability.
We are invested in your growth and anticipate that you will be as well. We expect our SMIT's to:
• Actively engage with your leader in Key Learning Experiences to support you on your path to promotion during the structured program.
• Support your store as management team member and lead in a manner that is consistent with CVS values and policies.
• Engage your colleagues in support of the company's purpose of "helping people on their path to better health."
• Be willing to accept promotion roles with the market that you work in.
Selection for the SMIT position does not guarantee promotion into a Store Manager position. Whether and when you are actually promoted to Store Manager is dependent on a variety of factors, including but not limited to performance and availability of openings.
• Willingness to accept a promotion to Store Manager role at any location in the designated market.
• Ability to transfer to other CVS Pharmacy stores located within the designated market.
• Ability to work a schedule that may vary based on business needs.
• High School diploma or GED
• Bachelor's Degree
• Retail management experience, or experience as a CVS Supervisor
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."