DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for serving as an expert in data analysis, reporting and formulating recommendations and providing guidance to other data analysts.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and maintains databases to track business performance. Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures.
- Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
- May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools. May make recommendations based upon data analysis.
- Provides analytic consultation to other business areas, leadership or external customers. Data analysis and reporting encompasses a much higher level of complexity.
Preferred Skills: Experience with Medicare risk adjustment strongly preferred. Experience programming in SAS or SQL preferred. SAS certification a plus.
Location: Must be within 1-hour from any Anthem core location. Preferred: New York
Requires a BS/BA degree in related field; minimum of 5 years experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is required. Ability to manipulate large sets of data is strongly preferred. Strong analytical, organizational, presentation, and problem solving skills preferred. This job is more focused on higher level technical expertise, mentoring staff in lower job levels, more customer facing, higher level of collaboration, work is higher volume and/or higher risk, and modeling as compared to the Bus Info Analyst Sr job.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
If you are active-duty military, reserve, or a military veteran, we foster a welcoming environment that’s dedicated to honoring your service and helping you achieve your career goals. Veterans of Anthem — one of our Business Resource Groups — partners with our Talent Acquisition teams to maximize career offerings for you and your family members, striving to help you transition to civilian service and grow your career at the same time.
Join Anthem's Military and Veteran Talent Network: https://anthemcareers.ttcportals.com/pages/military
WE ARE HIRING
Anthem, Inc. is currently seeking military veterans and military spouses for a variety of open tech based roles. Our immediate needs are in IT support, cyber security, maintenance of digital and automation systems, and network specialists. These roles include Support Technical Engineer, Lead Engineer, Developer, Systems Analyst, Network Data Specialist, and Provider Network Manager roles. Whether you are looking to transition into an IT career or if you have experience under your belt in the Technology field, Anthem wants to have an impact on your career and professional growth by speaking with you about their career opportunities.
- Paid Time Off
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Medical Insurance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Adoption Assistance
- New Parent Transition Week
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Back-to-School Assistance
- Sick Leave
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Applied Materials job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Applied Materials' career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Applied Materials reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!