About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
The Enterprise Chief Technology Officer (ECTO) Enterprise Application Portfolio Management group plays a critical role in enabling our business partners through technology solutions. The organizational model of the ECTO team is designed to more effectively manage our portfolio of applications, govern enterprise IT, manage risk, simplify our technology offerings, and execute on our business partners' priorities with enhanced time to market. The Enterprise Application Portfolio Management (EAPM) is the organization responsible for managing our Application assets, Application competency center and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) to ensure robust portfolio management of more than 6000 applications. The application lifecycle consists of three phases; Sunrise, Maintenance, and Sunset. The ALM Operations team is accountable for the execution of day to day operational needs in support of processes under the ALM Sunrise/Sunset/Maintenance Phase. The processes enable the application community to be compliant with ALM Sunrise policies and controls while the application is being developed.
The primary responsibilities within this position include:
- Bring in the technical know-how in understanding the underlying processes and implementation including the Risk & Governance
- Executing on day to day operational activities and tasks as required by our desktop procedural manuals and established processes.
- Serving as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on processes and procedures to ensure application sunrise requests follow established processes
- Working support and incident tickets that are assigned to our team as users need help navigating or completing processes in a timely manner
- Managing and executing on plans that keep open requests moving through the processes
- Conducting system testing on process improvement initiatives that will impact operational processes
Skills Required -
- Preferred Knowledge and understanding of ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), OLA (Operational level agreement).
- Experience in Risk & Governance processes, policies
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools – MS tools or Tableau
- Experience in Agile Scrum environment, expert in JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience in functional/user acceptance testing.
- Documents all phases of Quality Assurance process.
- Strong interpersonal communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Experience working with global teams.
- Demonstrating outstanding teamwork, attention to detail, and flexibility.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on Sunrise process, including Policy Works, Exceptions, Control
Requirements, Standards and Procedures.
- Have exposure to Microsoft Sharepoint, SSRS
- Knowledge in ITIL processes and Service Management
- Preferably have used or worked in ServiceNow platform.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 67827
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re so committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard members, and Reservists that we’ve made it our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.
As a Wells Fargo team member, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Team Member Network, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.