Company:US0060 Sysco Nashville, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:0-1 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company's products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help Sysco customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company. This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) to successfully meet customers' needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects following company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develops a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product use.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events.
- Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Engage in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits, and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 years of Foodservice sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality, or Culinary Arts preferred.
- 6 months of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree.
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience preferred.
- Previous Sysco experience preferred.
- Restaurant management / chef experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid driver's license with a "clean" driving record (including no multiple DUIs within the last 2 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000 is required
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Must sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement.
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory.
- Basic PC skills and proficiency with MS Outlook.
- Ability to read, write, speak English.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn more.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
The Sysco Story
Building customer relationships requires time, effort and sincerity. For Sysco, it began with a promise to assist foodservice operators in providing consumers with solutions for meals consumed away from home. Since the initial public offering in 1970, when sales were $115 million, Sysco has grown to $44 billion in sales for fiscal year 2013.
Many solid customer relationships have been nurtured along the way, countless dining trends and meal alternatives have evolved, and today the decision to consume meals prepared away from home is as much necessity as choice. Since then, the industry it serves has expanded from $35 billion to approximately $235 billion.
Today, Sysco has sales and service relationships with approximately 425,000 customers and remains committed to helping them succeed in the foodservice industry and satisfy consumers' appetites. Operating from 193 locations throughout the U.S., Bahamas, Canada, Ireland & Northern Ireland, Sysco's product lines are as diverse as the 48,100 employees who support its daily operations. They include not only the ingredients needed to prepare meals, but also numerous ancillary preparation and serving items. As a result, Sysco can make a difference in its customers' lives and the success of their businesses.
Sysco Career Opportunities
More about Sysco's Operating Companies
Sysco's operating companies are at the heart of our customer service. Our operating company associates are where the rubber meets the road, literally, with nearly 9,000 trucks a day delivering food and foodservice supplies to customers all across North America!
Sysco's operating companies offer a variety of career choices including;
- Sales Associates
- Warehouse Operations
To search for a job at one of Sysco's operating companies please follow these instructions;
- Find a location that you are interested in working for by going to the "Find a Sysco Operating Company Near You" feature
- Enter your zip code and search for a location in your desired area
- Select "Search for Jobs" link in the address information located on the right-hand side of the screen
Not all Sysco operating companies have online job searching capabilities at this time. Where this is the case, you will be provided contact information to help you with your job search.
The "Find a Sysco Operating Company Near You" feature is located here.
As an equal opportunity employer, we endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you have concerns regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please refer to our EOE Policy (PDF) for contact information on accessibility issues.
Sysco | Paris, Tennessee
Sysco | Milan, Tennessee
Sysco | Martin, Tennessee
Love's Travel Stops | Milan, Tennessee
Anthem, Inc. | Henry, Tennessee
Anthem, Inc. | Huntingdon, Tennessee
Anthem, Inc. | Mc Kenzie, Tennessee
Anthem, Inc. | Paris, Tennessee
Spectrum | Mc Kenzie, Tennessee
O'Reilly Automotive | Camden, Tennessee