- Reviews daily purchasing reports and system recommendations and determines proper quantities and items to purchase and creates purchasing documents to send suppliers.
- Develops thorough understanding of market and conditions affecting cost and material availability.
- Works with existing suppliers to identify ways to reduce costs within supply chain.
- Identifies new sourcing opportunities to add value and drive cost savings.
- Prepares requests for proposal and quotation and evaluates responses.
- Maintains inventory availability while minimizing working capital investment.
- Negotiates with suppliers for materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Evaluates supplier quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers per letter of agreement document, and ensures appropriate terms and conditions are used.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with sales and branch management and key suppliers.
- Maintains accurate product information, purchasing, pricing, and cost data on applicable company systems.
- Maintains lead time parameters and cross reference tables within purchasing system.
- Establishes and maintains methods of order points.
- Follows up with suppliers concerning order status and communicates delivery information to impacted departments.
- Expedites product delivery with suppliers to ensure customer commitments are met.
- Resolves receiving and supplier invoice discrepancies.
- Reviews supplier shipping errors and determines appropriate action.
- Ensures annual supplier stock rotations to suppliers are on time and accurate.
- Reviews and approves customer returns.
- Assists managers with evaluating supplier performance related to on-time delivery, fill rates and errors, transfer cost improvements, branch support, and other measures.
- 3 years required, 5 years preferred experience in purchasing in electrical supply.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or supply chain related field required.
- Advanced knowledge of purchasing and inventory concepts, practices, and procedures in the electrical industry.
- Knowledge of industry suppliers, customers and competitors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills including purchasing and inventory management systems, programs and reports.
- Knowledge of business performance measures.
- Ability to exercise judgment.
- Ability to assume leadership role.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.
WESCO Distribution is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor - we're a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs and increase efficiency through LEAN Customer Value Creation (LCVC); and save energy with Green and Sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service, and results that exceed customer expectations.