DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for care management within the scope of licensure for members with complex and chronic care needs by assessing, developing, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating care plans designed to optimize member health care across the care continuum. Performs duties telephonically or on-site such as at hospitals for discharge planning.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures member access to services appropriate to their health needs.
- Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and a specific care management plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
- Implements care plan by facilitating authorizations/referrals as appropriate within benefits structure or through extra-contractual arrangements. Coordinates internal and external resources to meet identified needs.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of the care management plan and modifies as necessary. Interfaces with Medical Directors and Physician Advisors on the development of care management treatment plans.
- Negotiates rates of reimbursement, as applicable. Assists in problem solving with providers, claims or service issues. Assists with development of utilization/care management policies and procedures, chairs and schedules meetings, as well as presents cases for discussion at Grand Rounds/Care Conferences and participates in interdepartmental and/or cross brand workgroups.
- May require the development of a focused skill set including comprehensive knowledge of specific disease process or traumatic injury and functions as preceptor for new care management staff.
- Participates in department audit activities.
- Requires BA/BS in a health related field and minimum of 5 years of clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required.
- Multi-state licensure is required if this individual is providing services in multiple states.
- Certification as a Case Manager is preferred.
- Experience in Home Health Care, Emergency, ICU, Tele, Hospice, Oncology, other case management or utilization review
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
If you are active-duty military, reserve, or a military veteran, we foster a welcoming environment that’s dedicated to honoring your service and helping you achieve your career goals. Veterans of Anthem — one of our Business Resource Groups — partners with our Talent Acquisition teams to maximize career offerings for you and your family members, striving to help you transition to civilian service and grow your career at the same time.
Join Anthem's Military and Veteran Talent Network: https://anthemcareers.ttcportals.com/pages/military
WE ARE HIRING
Anthem, Inc. is currently seeking military veterans and military spouses for a variety of open roles. Our immediate needs include Support Technical Engineer, Lead Engineer, Developer, Systems Analyst, Network Data Specialist, and Provider Network Manager roles. Whether you are looking to transition into an IT career or if you have experience under your belt in the Technology field, Anthem wants to have an impact on your career and professional growth by speaking with you about their career opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more, check out Anthem's current open positions to the right for more information and to apply today!
Not sure where to start? Send RecruitMilitary Success Manager, Taylor Groves, your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org