DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Beacon Health Options, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
For more than 30 years, Beacon Health Options has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 37 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, our mission is to help people live their lives to the fullest potential. Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
Position: Behavioral Health Care Manager II
CA licensure required, $2,500 Sign On Bonus Available for CA licensure
Schedule: PST 830a-5p or 9a-530p
The Behavioral Health Care Manager II is responsible for completing clinical assessments, screenings, and managing crisis calls in a virtual call center setting for our members seeking mental health and/or substance use disorder treatment. This is a telephonic call center position, incumbents should be expected to take a high volume of clinical calls and be measured on quality and productivity. This position does not oversee a caseload.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Supporting day to day call center clinical functions by taking live calls and making callbacks to members who called in for a screening/assessment or in crisis
- Uses appropriate screening criteria knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs to ensure access to medically necessary quality behavioral healthcare in a cost effective setting in accordance with UM Clinical Guidelines and contract.
- Outreaches to providers as necessary for Utilization Management functions
- Collaborating with other BH Care Managers on complex cases.
- May participate in inter and intradepartmental teams projects and initiatives.
- Masters degree in social work counseling or a related behavioral health field required or a degree in nursing required; 3-4 years of experience with facility-based and/or outpatient psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment required; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- Current active unrestricted license in the state of CA such as RN, LCSW, LMHC, LPCC, or LMFT to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in CA required.
- Bilingual preferred
- Medi-Cal or Medicaid experience preferred
- Call Center experience preferred.
- Managed Care experience preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2020 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
If you are active-duty military, reserve, or a military veteran, we foster a welcoming environment that’s dedicated to honoring your service and helping you achieve your career goals. Veterans of Anthem — one of our Business Resource Groups — partners with our Talent Acquisition teams to maximize career offerings for you and your family members, striving to help you transition to civilian service and grow your career at the same time.
Join Anthem's Military and Veteran Talent Network: https://anthemcareers.ttcportals.com/pages/military
WE ARE HIRING
Anthem, Inc. is currently seeking military veterans and military spouses for a variety of open roles. Our immediate needs include Support Technical Engineer, Lead Engineer, Developer, Systems Analyst, Network Data Specialist, and Provider Network Manager roles. Whether you are looking to transition into an IT career or if you have experience under your belt in the Technology field, Anthem wants to have an impact on your career and professional growth by speaking with you about their career opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more, check out Anthem's current open positions to the right for more information and to apply today!
Not sure where to start? Send RecruitMilitary Success Manager, Taylor Groves, your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anthem, Inc. | Cerritos, California
Anthem, Inc. | Cerritos, California
Anthem, Inc. | Santa Ana, California
Anthem, Inc. | Whittier, California
Anthem, Inc. | Los Angeles, California
Anthem, Inc. | Pasadena, California
Anthem, Inc. | Lawndale, California
Anthem, Inc. | Cypress, California
Anthem, Inc. | Irvine, California
Anthem, Inc. | Corona, California