Operator, Concentrator-Mill Operations (Aurora, North Carolina, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world's largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This position reports directly to the Mill Shift Supervisor.
This position is located in Aurora, North Carolina, U.S.A. and is not available for remote work.
What you will do:
- Perform all work in a safe and controlled manner, adhere to safety and environmental policies
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Nutrien, OSHA, MSHA, and MARSEC guidelines
- Use proper personal protection equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, face shield, flash suits, and personal environmental monitors
- Work as part of a team to complete assignment and minimize down-time
- Work as a productive team member and support continuous improvement
- Cross-train and work in all areas of the facility, as required
- Perform work from elevated structures, ladders, scissor lifts, boom lifts, and man-baskets
- Follow all safety rules and regulations as set forth by company
- Be able to work 12-hour rotating shift
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) testing is required for all hourly applicants of Nutrien. Applicants must complete this test and meet a minimum of 4 in Graphic Literacy, 5 on Applied Mathematics and 5 on Workplace Documents in order to be considered eligible for employment with Nutrien
- The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) must be uploaded with your resume during your application to be considered eligible for employment with Nutrien
- Ability to wear required, company-provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)--i.e., uniforms, steel-toed boots, safety glasses, emergency breathing apparatus
- Ability to be clean shaven for safety reasons
$20.62 per hour (plus available overtime).
We provide an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance and well as disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. In addition, we have a retirement program that encourages our employees to save for the longer term, with generous matching employer contributions. Our benefit package also demonstrates our culture of care with paid vacation, sick days and holidays as well as paid personal and maternity/parental leaves and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. Details of the benefits package will be shared in the application process.
Eastern North Carolina is continually ranked among the best places to live and work in the United States-known for its expansive beaches, nationally ranked universities, mild climate (all four seasons), safe neighborhoods, affordable living, extensive outdoor activities, and a relaxed lifestyle. Aurora, NC is within ease of commuting to surrounding urban areas. To the west is the Research Triangle Park which is surrounded by Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. As a result, the east coast of NC offers residents a winning blend of down-home and uptown, of surf and sophistication that people love with extensive availability of outdoor activities (hunting/fishing/hiking/boating).
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until May 26th. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment and that proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
As the largest producer of potash by capacity and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate, we provide the three key nutrients growers need to produce healthier, more abundant crops. Our retail operations serve growers in seven countries across three continents, with a history that goes back almost 50 years. With 1,500 locations across North America, Australia and South America, and more than 3,300 crop advisors, we are the world's largest direct-to-grower provider of products, services and solutions. Our commitment to innovation and technology, allow us to provide growers with the best products, advice and solutions to maximize yields and improve their bottom line. We operate with a long-term view and are committed to working with our stakeholders as we address our economic, environmental and social priorities. The scale and diversity of our integrated portfolio provides a stable earnings base, multiple avenues for growth and the opportunity to return capital to shareholders, including a stable and growing dividend.