- Performs moderately complex electro-mechanical technical functions and activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, troubleshooting and assembly of electronics and electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models, specialized test equipment, tools and test fixtures.
- Tests and troubleshoots system level and component level problems in electrical and mechanical systems and sub-systems. May perform new system and NPI installations and field upgrades.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or plans to perform moderate testing and troubleshooting.
- Compiles logbooks and test procedures documentation utilizing good writing skills. Assists in revising, developing and implementing department procedures.
- May perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic & vacuum and process testing on AMAT platforms to Engineering and Manufacturing documentation and specifications.
- Observes all safety standards. Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety training and follows safety and security policies, procedures and practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to supervisor or Safety dept. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Becomes familiar with current manufacturing and/or engineering processes and stays informed of any changes in procedures. Assists in the correction of problems.
- Performs necessary rework and assists in determining remedies for malfunctions and generates Quality Notifications.
- Has developed proficiency in a range of analytical processes or procedures to carry out assigned tasks
- Has a good understanding of how the team integrates with others to achieve objectives
- May provide informal guidance and support to more junior team members
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures
- Impacts the quality of own work and its contribution to the team
- Uses communication skills to regularly exchange information
Years of Experience:2 - 4 Years
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paternity Leave
- Custom Work Station
- Disability Insurance
- Gym/ Wellness Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- On Site Gym/ Fitness Classes, Clinic (Site Dependent)
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Applied Materials job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Applied Materials' career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Applied Materials reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!