Supervises employees involved in a variety of production and/or operation functions such as assembly, inspection, test, and/or final test which is related to the manufacturing of the company's capital equipment and systems, electronic, mechanical, electro-mechanical, and/or components, subassemblies and subsystems.
Prioritizes production schedules based on available manpower, equipment efficiency, capacity and materials requirements.
Participates in operational meetings. Supports the development and tracking of organization performance metrics. Schedules and conducts milestone meetings. Responsible for meeting or improving cycle time performance and other metrics.
Ensures timely response to operations issues impacting customer satisfaction; acts as an interface in the establishment of and ensuring conformance to customer/vendor requirements; prepares detailed analysis of cost of quality opportunity and initiates corrective action.
Oversees the prevention of employee accidents and injuries. Responsible for ensuring and documenting that all department employees (including temporaries) receive and follow appropriate department training including Environmental, Health and Safety training. Implements, emphasizes importance of, and monitors compliance to appropriate safety policies and procedures.
Develops personnel to include training and career development; manages the performance management process to include the development of team and individual goals, implementing employee development plans, and coaching. Manages the employee selection, hiring, reward and discipline processes.
Support the analysis of and plans for maximum production capacity optimization; implements and monitors manufacturing or dept. processes that collect, analyze and report key measurement data and real time status.
Identifies process and quality changes designed to improve manufacturing or department capabilities. Drives Lean, Safety and Quality. Takes corrective action.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of procedures and concepts within own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families.
- Applies understanding of how the team relates to other closely related areas to improve efficiency of own team
- Has formal supervisory responsibilities; sets priorities for and coaches employees to meet daily deadlines
- Uses judgment to identify and resolve day-to-day technical and operational problems
- Impacts the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team and its contribution to the business unit, department or sub-function
- Uses tact and diplomacy to exchange information and handle sensitive issues
May be required to interact with outside customers, vendors or suppliers
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Years of Experience:
2 - 4 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paternity Leave
- Custom Work Station
- Disability Insurance
- Gym/ Wellness Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- On Site Gym/ Fitness Classes, Clinic (Site Dependent)
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Applied Materials job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Applied Materials' career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Applied Materials reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!
Applied Materials | Austin, Texas
Applied Materials | Austin, Texas