DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Behavioral Health Case Manager I
Location: Texas: Dallas Ft. Worth Houston Austin or San Antonio
Work hours: 8 am-5 pm
Responsible for performing case management telephonically and/or by field visits within the scope of licensure for members with behavioral health and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder needs.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
· Conduct extensive assessments on member’s treatment utilizing member, member supports, providers, and electronic records to determine how best to address member needs
· Create care plans to address member needs as identified during assessment
· Collaborate with outpatient providers and inpatient facilities in implementing the care plan
· Evaluate and monitor member needs and adjust care plan as clinically appropriate
· Face-to-face visits with the member, member supports, and providers to assess monitor, and coordinate care
· Community reach-outs to providers to establish connections and build resources
· Serve as a resource to other case managers
· Participate in cross-functional teams, projects, and initiatives as assigned by management that is subject to change
· Lead, initiate and implement creative solutions to barriers members are facing to receiving effective care
· Develop expertise in specified areas of business needs for individual development and growth
The health and safety of our associates, members and communities is a top priority for Anthem. This priority has become increasingly important as we continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Anthem believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our members, our communities, our families and ourselves. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required for this role. (At Anthem, fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since you have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or the single dose of a single dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson).
If you do not meet the requirements for this position, we encourage you to review other positions that currently allow virtual work. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email TalentAcquisition_VaccinationSupport@anthem.com.
Requires MS or MA in social work, counseling, or a related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing; 3 years of clinical experience in social work, counseling with a broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Current active unrestricted license such as RN LCSW LPC LMFT or Clinical Psychologist in Texas is required.
Reliable transportation and auto liability required for potential fieldwork
Case management experience preferred.
Experience using electronic medical records preferred
Knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel, and outlook)
Experience in health coaching and motivational interviewing techniques preferred
Spanish Speaking Preferred
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
If you are active-duty military, reserve, or a military veteran, we foster a welcoming environment that’s dedicated to honoring your service and helping you achieve your career goals. Veterans of Anthem — one of our Business Resource Groups — partners with our Talent Acquisition teams to maximize career offerings for you and your family members, striving to help you transition to civilian service and grow your career at the same time.
Join Anthem's Military and Veteran Talent Network: https://anthemcareers.ttcportals.com/pages/military
WE ARE HIRING
Anthem, Inc. is currently seeking military veterans and military spouses for a variety of open tech based roles. Our immediate needs are in IT support, cyber security, maintenance of digital and automation systems, and network specialists. These roles include Support Technical Engineer, Lead Engineer, Developer, Systems Analyst, Network Data Specialist, and Provider Network Manager roles. Whether you are looking to transition into an IT career or if you have experience under your belt in the Technology field, Anthem wants to have an impact on your career and professional growth by speaking with you about their career opportunities.
- Paid Time Off
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Medical Insurance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Adoption Assistance
- New Parent Transition Week
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Back-to-School Assistance
- Sick Leave
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Applied Materials job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Applied Materials' career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Applied Materials reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!
Anthem, Inc. | Austin, Texas
Anthem, Inc. | Austin, Texas
Anthem, Inc. | Austin, Texas
Anthem, Inc. | Bastrop, Texas