About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
As a part of the Wells Fargo's Enterprise Information Technology @ Enterprise Global Services team, this is a frontline architecture role responsible for evaluation of technology feasibility towards an aspired business system realization, conceptual and system architecture proposals and implementation governance in compliance with the Enterprise Target Architecture for a portfolio of applications within the Line of Business from EGS locations. The role also provides consulting services to the technology managers/stakeholders in context of technology architecture and works closely with senior architects in providing recommendations for technology strategies and to partner with technology managers in ensuring/governing the approved architectural and design practices are adopted and implemented.
- Responsible for working on a set of applications/products architecture and design - exercises impact analysis, feasibility analysis, proof of concepts (POC), develops / guides the teams to develop conceptual models in assessment of realizing the business system design and development in adherence to the recommended Enterprise Architecture.
- Design and architect for Java/.NET, DW/BI based enterprise applications in Commercial Banking, International and Finance Domain.
- Prepares the conceptual, logical, physical etc. architectural models in proposal of implementation of an intended business system. Educate the delivery/development teams on the architectural and design aspects, principles and best practices to be implemented and collaborate with them in shaping the low-level design models.
Assist the technology managers in identification of technology risks, constraints limitations, input them as necessarily in sizing and planning the implementations
- Deep seated Cloud enablement experience across the platforms
- Breadth of AI and ML knowledge with hands-on implementation considering many sub LOBs have plans of using it.
- Works with development teams during implementation phase to ensure architecture and design aspects and guidelines are followed thoroughly and help resolve any issues that may be faced during the implementation
- Actively collaborate with the Technology Managers and Technology leads, Application/System Architects within and outside Line of Business in sharing best practices, knowledge sharing sessions etc.
- Provides in-depth technical and systems consultation to internal clients and technical management to ensure alignment with the Enterprise Architecture (for commercial banking and international domain)
- Partners with senior architects in conducting complex technology and system assessments for component architecture and may participate in enterprise architecture activity.
- Identifies and derives the non-functional requirements for the business system and technology platform in proposal or under implementation. Provide the required guidance to the application teams in adoption and implementation of the required processes, controls and configurations in realizations of the intended SLA of a business system/s
- Assists Sr. Architects in the overall architectural designs and direct implementation of the architecture for multiple applications; Ensure all non-functional requirements (such as high availability, capacity planning, performance and scalability aspects, secure and extensible integration, code quality, sound monitoring, data encryption, data masking etc.) are captured and met during implementation phase
- In fitment to the scope of a given business system in proposal, identifies the non-applicable aspects of the enterprise target architecture mandates and develops exception proposals and collaborates with tech managers in their follow up actions.
- Understand the Enterprise & Line of Business architecture strategy and helps in communicating the same to the stakeholders. Collaborates with delivery teams in Building the architectural awareness.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field
- 12+ years of total industry experience. Strong technical experience and end-to-end development expertise in Java/J2EE or .Net technologies
- Possess strong expertise of object-oriented design and development (OOA/OOD)
- Deep knowledge about best coding & design practices and understand ways to write proficient & performance oriented code.
- Proficient working with and applying design patterns to solve problems
- Proficient in Hibernate persistence Layer development and performance tuning experience using caching tools and techniques
- Strong understanding of in Application Servers (JBoss or Websphere or IIS)
- Strong knowledge of any RDBMS (Oracle preferred), No SQL, ability to R&D on any DB
- Strong in J2EE / .Net service design and development experience with XML technologies including XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSL, XSLT
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills; proven ability to work with end users to understand and transform requirements to solutions
- Cloud technologies including Azure, AWS, Pivotal as well as containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with quick adaptation to new technologies, methodologies, and systems
- Experience is creating conceptual architecture and road map for application
- Knowledge of lending origination processes, including sales and/or Operations/fulfillment and servicing processes
- Experience operating in a matrix management environment
- Certification in Architecture, TOGAF or similar.
- Exposure to working in On-site/Offshore model
- Demonstrate technical, functional, and job-specific knowledge required for assignment, Be sought out for opinions, advice, and counsel
- Demonstrate high level of problem solving and analytical expertise
- Encourage others to seek and try different approaches for solving complex problems
- Clarify complex data or situations so that others can comprehend, respond, and contribute
- Come up with creative, resourceful solutions to problems.
- Create a culture of innovation and learning that drives individual development
- Practices Self development
- Drives for results and collaborates with the larger work group for achieving results and take personal responsibility for outcomes
- • Generate agreement among group members on achieving aggressive goals and builds commitment with all team members on team's and larger LOB goals and objectives
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 67113
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re so committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard members, and Reservists that we’ve made it our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.
As a Wells Fargo team member, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Team Member Network, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.