Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
We lead with software and innovation.
Whether we’re turning mustard seeds into fuel, creating quantum algorithms or making taxis fly, our software engineering team is home to the world’s leading technological talent.
We want software engineers who not only have a solid foundation in coding, development, designing, testing and even hacking, but who also have a passion for empowering the world and making it a better place for everyone – today and tomorrow.
Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software functions within Honeywell Aerospace Communication, Navigation, and Surveillance products team. This team works on development and enhancement of Next Generation RDR systems. You will provide technical expertise as a program team leader in the identification and development of new products. You will lead proposals to address future business opportunities, value engineering and program/process changes. You will act as a key focal point for driving and implementing goals and objectives. You will be recognized by business management as the primary technical authority as Architect, Designer, and Lead Engineer.
• Requirements and design
• Software architecture and coding
• Feature Definition
• Customer Support
• Verification and Validation
• Ability to code in multiple languages
• Analytical skills & software development skills
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• 10+ years of experience performing software architecture, requirements and design for integrated platform
• 8+ years of experience with Embedded SW development for avionics systems, and associated tooling performed to DO-178C level B&C standards. SW development includes low level hardware drivers, communications, Real Time Operating System integration
• Deep understanding of Radar system and software
• Experience leading technical development of junior engineers
• Understanding various software development lifecycle
• Significant relevant experience
• Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
• Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
• Effective communicator
• Wide degree of creativity and latitude
• Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
• Ability to find the correct balance between demand and capacity when establishing priorities for the organization.
• Business oriented approach to software development
JOB ID: HRD139288
Location: 21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer Valley),Phoenix,Arizona,85027,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Human Resources (CORPORATE HR)
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.