What We Do
We’re more than a distribution company – we’re a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world’s most essential industries.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people – people like you – and today, our worldwide team of more than 10,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. We’re thrilled that you are exploring opportunities where your action will make a positive difference every day. We look forward to building a strong future together.
What You’ll Do
You will have a “hybrid” work schedule! Three days in-office and two days remote.
The Supply Planner position will help coordinate inventory planning and procurement across the supply chain network. This individual needs to have the capability to balance the sometimes conflicting goals of inventory targets, targeted customer service levels, forecast accuracy, and safety stock requirements for the allocated portfolio of SKU’s for which he or she is assigned. This person is the key liaison to resolve supply issues and ensures the efficient delivery of inventory, service and cost objectives. This role will identify ways to improve supply planning processes by using current tools and systems. In addition, you will ensure the accuracy of all purchase order data to support the Sales, Operations, and Transportation Teams in order to meet customer demand and regional performance objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining inventories and implementing the supply plan to minimize out of stocks across the supply chain network to increase service levels while reducing purchasing costs and capital employed.
- Proactively use MRP’s and other tools to review inventory projections & supply-demand summaries to prevent potential shortages or excessive inventory and demurrage
- Monitors inventory levels and make suggestions on inventory parameters (e.g. safety stock, forecast, etc.)
- Ability to assess purchasing options, optimizing loads via combining various products onto a single order, pre-ordering as needed to reduce costs. Works with Product Marketing Management on overall supply direction
- Review out of stock situations or shortage of supply issues and recommends mitigations. Uses exception reports to identify and correct potential out of stock issues
- Conducts business and performance reviews with key suppliers on an ad-hoc basis
- Identifies and handles potential inventory obsolescence to minimize aged inventory and eventual write-offs.
- Tracks and reconciles weekly/monthly metrics versus established targets
- Responsible for maintaining into stock performance, if approaching out of stock situation, provides options to customer service to remedy situation.
- Converts SAP generated purchase requisitions into purchase orders
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain/Operations, or other related fields
- Excellent communication and Team building skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Candidate must possess analytical skills and be detail oriented
- Ability to handle complexity and work through ambiguity
- Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory
- Strives for process improvement with a continuous improvement approach
- APICS certification (CPIM) preferred
- SAP experience preferred, not required.
- Basic Excel skills required
- Knowledge of integrated planning software is helpful
- Experience with various ERP systems within a production environment, SAP is a plus
What We Offer
Comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
You’ve proudly protected our freedom and we’d be honored to have you on our team!
Our purpose at Univar Solutions is to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe. We are an integral part of providing critical products to the communities where we live, play, and work through the incredible efforts of our people… our greatest strength.
We believe military service is synonymous with our core values:
- Serious About Safety
- We Do What We Say
- Where People Matter
- Valuable To Others
- Together We Win
Our Military Commitment
Univar Solutions is committed to supporting Military Veterans and Families by creating a world-class environment for Veterans to grow their careers as members of our team. Our Veterans Resource Network enables a safe, welcoming, and collaborative environment for all Military Veterans by:
- Recognizing and promoting the skills and experiences Veterans deliver in an organization
- Engaging and empowering Veterans, Veteran Families, and supporters to enhance professional development, career advancement, and personal enrichment
- Providing education and support for Veterans and Veteran Families’ needs
- Creating a culture of inclusion and diversity that embraces Veterans and welcomes them into an environment where their experiences, opinions, and contributions are truly valued
- Advocating for and financially contributing to Veteran causes and charities
- Ensuring we can be a preferred employer of Veterans
Come join Univar Solutions as one of hundreds of Veterans in our ranks who are helping us to redefine Chemical and Ingredient Distribution!
Sysco | Dublin, Ohio
Supply Chain & Operations, Integrated Planning and Fulfillment - Management Consulting - Senior Manager
Accenture | Columbus, Ohio
Honeywell | London, Ohio
Honeywell | London, Ohio
Honeywell | Groveport, Ohio
Honeywell | Groveport, Ohio