World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.Entity and activity description
Air Liquide Large Industries provides our customers with industrial gas and energy solutions that are vital to their own industrial production. We own and operate over 2,000 miles of industrial gas pipelines in the U.S. supplying mainly oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and syngas in large quantities from multiple production sources to major customers in the chemicals, petrochemicals, refining and steel industries. Our pipeline operations and industrial gas production facilities are closely monitored 24/7 within our leading-edge operations control center located in Houston, Texas. Our operations control group monitors over 89,000 data points and assists with product supply and coordination. We are constantly optimizing our supply network to provide high reliability and energy efficiencies allowing Air Liquide to adjust supply needs more quickly and effectively enabling growth to our customers.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.Job Responsibilities
- Support, complete, maintain, and instill corporate Health, Safety and Environmental policies/procedures, relevant documentation at the facility in operating/maintaining responsibility for a safe, efficient and environmentally friendly facility.
- Demonstrate identified skill sets in daily operational duties as well as actively pursuing own growth/career development through self-initiative practices; work with resources made available as coordinated with supervisor.
- Participate in operational/routine maintenance tasks within facility work group without interruption of customer product deliveries.
- Foster open communication among all facility technicians in relation to best practices, operational/facility needs, safety issues/concerns, conflicts of interest between shifts/other departments; share operational knowledge/expertise.
- Assist/work closely with lead production technician or plant manager with daily facility needs
- Ensure accurate/complete work order generation
- Determine if immediate maintenance action is required; document it; report to appropriate personnel
- Identify potential needs; enter them into CMMS
- Study/maintain site-specific standard operating procedures, P&IDs, PFDs, all other technical documentation as relates to operational/equipment processes.
- Calibrate all plant process analytical equipment
- Keep accurate records; be diligent in documentation/record retention policies/procedures
- Conduct acceptance PSSR reviews with operations/maintenance
- Innovations/improvement project involvement
- Generate initial documentation for on-site contractor, vendor, guest, visitor site-specific training needs
- Escort on-site contractors, vendors, guests, visitors throughout facility as needed; ensure their compliance with national safety policies/procedures.
- Active participation in facility safety meetings, inspections
- Instill safety in others by being safety minded; model good safety practices; work safely in all situations.
- Load & Unload cryogenic transports and railcars as necessary
- Follow policies/procedures on proper notification for vacation scheduling, floating holidays, personal days off.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of related industrial operations experience
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts & fill in for vacations/emergency shift relief coverage as situations warrant.
- Overall understanding of plant safety rules, regulations, company safety policies/procedures
- Performs all work in compliance with standard operating/maintenance procedures utilizing current Life Safety skills, Safe Start, safety requirements including, safe work permits, energy control isolation, IDLs, confined space entry work, hot work, work plans, pre-job discussions, plant safety inspections, etc.
- Ability to communicate with written/spoken English
- Acquiring knowledge/ability in all plant operations including processes/equipment
- Understanding of governmental regulations including environmental permitting/compliance, loading /quality assurance, basic electricity, national/local operating procedures, CMMS, maintenance management process, all HSE issues associated with the facility.
- Ability to learn/follow national/local standard operating procedures; follow through on instructions; work with minimal supervision; read/interpret blueprints, flow charts, process piping ISOs, schematics, P and IDs, electrical schematics; perform basic math operations.
- Basic knowledge/understanding of control board, operating off of operator interface consoles (computer).
- Basic computer (PC) skills; ability to use required software computer applications
- Must be able to wear required PPE safety equipment including, hardhat, safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, and FRC clothing
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Technical Associate's degree
Air Liquide is a global leader, constantly striving to stay on top in a fast paced, high-tech industry. Our careers provide you with an immediate opportunity to contribute. We give you the responsibility to find customer solutions and the autonomy needed to get things done. The diversity of our businesses and our worldwide operations mean a career at Air Liquide can take you almost anywhere you want to go.
Air Liquide Group relies on the skills and commitment of over 43,000 people throughout the world with a broad range of responsibilities in a variety of industries. It is through their efforts that we have become a world leader in industrial and medical gases with a reputation for excellence.
The diversity of our employees is a driving force behind our success. Present in over 75 countries, our people are a mixture or gender, race, culture, nationality, education and professional experience. Their combined competencies allow us to capitalize on fast changing opportunities worldwide.
One of Air Liquide's strategic themes is developing our talents. Recruiting, training, mobility...more competent and motivated teams are and will continue to be one of the foundations of Air Liquide's growth and leadership.
Our Career Philosophy
At Air Liquide we trust in the initiative of our people. We believe our employees are the source of our success and rely on their intelligence, creativity and determination to continuously improve our performance. We give people responsibility and trust them to get the job done. The link between our employees and our success means we must continuously attract the best people. To do so, Air Liquide must be a great place to work. Our mission is to ensure this is the case.
A career at Air Liquide means the opportunity to explore many different types of work all over the world while remaining within the same company. It means being part of a company heavily invested in your development—your success drives ours and we prepare you to succeed. It also means working for a company that believes your success is dependent on a healthy balance between your personal and professional lives.
Air Liquide USA, LLC | Nederland, Texas
Air Liquide USA, LLC | Beaumont, Texas
Orion Engineered Carbons LLC | Orange, Texas
LafargeHolcim | Port Arthur, Texas
Honeywell | Orange, Texas
Honeywell | Orange, Texas
Johnson Controls, Inc. | Port Arthur, Texas
CBRE | Port Arthur, Texas
Honeywell | Orange, Texas
CenterPoint Energy | Beaumont, Texas