About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
As a Product Owner for the SRE Observability organization, you will support the evolution and implementation of key Observability capabilities that will transform the SRE experience for the consumers. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Technology, Product Management teams, LOB partners and leading the development scrum team to deliver solutions via Agile methodology. To be successful in this role, you must be a strong team player with exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, who thrives as an independent contributor, yet is able to collaborate with other teams/partners
The ideal applicant should have Technology acumen and experience with observability and monitoring products such as ELK, AppDynamics, ITRS Geneos, Datadog, NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana, Wavefront, etc.
Position Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes
- 15+ years of experience in product development & Systems/Infrastructure Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Enterprise Observability/SRE, Observability product/program management, platform engineering, or product consulting
- 7+ years of infrastructure/systems engineering experience with 3 or more Monitoring tools (ELK, AppDynamics, ITRS Geneos, Datadog, NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana, Wavefront, etc)
- 5+ years of experience using an automation/orchestration solution such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Github, Artifactory
- Experience in product management/development, program management, strategy, marketing and/or related position in a consumer-oriented, technology-dependent environment in Observability tools
- Product or Program or Change Management experience - Migration of products/tools to cloud infrastructure (GCP/Azure/AWS)
- Product or Program or Change Management experience - On observability tools (On prem/Cloud) towards managing product/platform health – e.g.: scalability, resilience & stability
- Solid creative and strategic thinking skills for product roadmap – Tactical and long-term strategic goals
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage large-scale initiatives and effectively partner with stakeholders across technical teams
- Experienced and well versed in Agile practices, Good exposure to tools like JIRA
- Good to have - Knowledge of container Technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, OpenStack Cloud especially for migration and maintenance of observability tools
- Good to have - Certifications on GCP or Azure.
- Partner with product manager to define business requirements to meet the product objectives.
- Be accountable for scrum team deliverables and KPIs. Monitor and measure progress on user story delivery and sprint team velocity. Review metrics to measure value and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Look at industry trends and customer feedback to brainstorm on feature
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining SRE platforms, products and frameworks
- Strong experience in product ownership and product roadmaps including research, adoption & migration
- Strong infrastructure/systems engineering experience with 3 or more Monitoring tools (ELK, AppDynamics, ITRS Geneos, Datadog, NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana, Wavefront, etc)
- Plan, Consult, negotiate and manage deliverables of the business & technology requirements
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Work with technical teams to research and resolve production issues. Clarify ambiguities and customer experience based on business requirements and product objectives
Market Skills and Certifications
Grafana, ELK, AppDynamics
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 68310
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re so committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard members, and Reservists that we’ve made it our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.
As a Wells Fargo team member, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Team Member Network, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.