About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Cybersecurity Core Engineering strategy is to provide a common and reusable suite of authentication and encryption services and methodologies to internal partners and external Wells Fargo customers. The Crypto Infrastructure Management Engineering & Data Management team within CCE has an Information Security Engineer position available. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing data analytics, data analytics requirements gathering and analysis, designing and developing scripts and database queries in support of analytic activities and generating accurate reports on time. Also performs the database design, engineering, monitoring activities and support/troubleshooting database problems across multiple database platforms.
- Planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and support of various databases platforms used within IPE infrastructure.
- Performs database installs, upgrades, configurations, security configuration, and monitoring activities.
- Assist with database health checks, performance turning and optimization.
- Perform database capacity planning, sizing, and other engineering activities.
- Perform data analysis, scripting, and query development specific to data analytics and ensures reports generated are accurate and timely.
- Troubleshoot database problems and resolve incidents working with partner teams and/or vendors.
- Provides mentoring, guidance, and general oversight to less experienced staff
- Coordinate with the vendor support teams to ensure issues impacting Wells Fargo are resolved quickly and effectively
- Capable of creating technical/engineering documentation
- Participates in interactions with technical, engineering, and non-technical partners across the Enterprise for implementation of the technologies listed above.
- Participates in on-call, after hours support on a rotation basis with other employees.
- 5+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 5+ years of systems engineering and/or support experience with Windows or Linux servers
- 3+ years of experience in design, development, customization & troubleshooting of analytical and reporting tools like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) & PowerShell scripts
- 3+ years of Microsoft SQL database engineering, configuration, support & troubleshooting
- Must have advanced systems engineering experience in medium to large enterprise environments.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Engineering or Technology
- Experience with Oracle, MongoDB and MySQL database engineering, configuration, support & troubleshooting
- Experience with database design, performance monitoring and tuning, analyzing database metrics, performing database capacity planning and security configurations.
- Experience with systems engineering and/or support experience with Windows servers
- Knowledge and understanding of configuration management solutions for information security and compliance controls
- Knowledge and understanding of technology support: encryption infrastructure servers or appliances
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Must be organized and have rigorous attention to detail
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with both Business/Management and Technical/Engineering resources
- Ability to work effectively under aggressive timelines
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service and handle challenging end users professionally
- Ability to work well with both local and remote team members and partner teams
- Knowledge of PKI and digital certificates
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 68248
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re so committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard members, and Reservists that we’ve made it our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.
As a Wells Fargo team member, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Team Member Network, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.