Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 1, 2021, or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by November 1, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Clinical and Pharmacovigilance teams manage studies to provide the safety and efficacy data required for regulatory approval of potential new drugs, vaccines, and new indications for existing products. We ensure we conduct high-quality clinical trials by integrating state-of-the-art technology and applying rigorous scientific and ethical standards.
We care deeply about helping the world be well. We strive to improve health for others in the future by developing new drugs and vaccines that treat and prevent disease. Clinical trials are an essential part of this process. The Senior Clinical Research Associate role is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement.
Core tasks; including but not limited to, the following:
- Acts as primary site contact and site manager throughout all phases of a clinical research study, taking overall responsibility of allocated sites.
- Develops strong site relationships and ensures continuity of site relationships through all phases of the trial.
- Performs clinical study site management/monitoring activities in compliance with International Conference on Harmonization Good Clinical Practice, Sponsor Standard Operating Procedures, Local Laws & Regulations, Protocol, Site Monitoring Plan, and associated documents.
- Gains an in-depth understanding of the study protocol and related procedures.
- Coordinates & manages various tasks in collaboration with other sponsor roles to achieve Site Ready.
- Participates & provides inputs on site selection and validation activities.
- Performs remote and on-site monitoring & oversight activities using various tools to ensure:
- Data generated at the site are complete, accurate and unbiased Subjects' right, safety and well-being are protected
- Conducts site visits including but not limited to validation visits, initiation visits, monitoring visits, close-out visits, and records clear, comprehensive, and accurate visit & non-visit contact reports appropriately in a timely manner.
- Collects, reviews, and monitors required regulatory documentation for study start-up, study maintenance, and study close-out.
- Communicates with Investigators and site staff on issues related to protocol conduct, recruitment, retention, protocol deviations, regulatory documentation, site audits/inspections, and overall site performance.
- Identifies, assesses, and resolves site performance, quality, or compliance problems, and escalates per defined Clinical Research Associate Escalation Pathway as appropriate in collaboration with Clinical Research Manager, Partner Line Manager, and Clinical Project Manager.
- Manages and maintains information and documentation in the Clinical Trial Management System, electronic Trial Master File, and various other systems as appropriate and per timelines.
- Contributes to Clinical Research Associate team knowledge by acting as process Subject Matter Expert, buddy/mentor, and sharing best practices as appropriate/required.
- Supports and/or leads audit/inspection activities as needed.
- Mentor/train other Clinical Research Associate team members
Education and Experience:
- B.A./B.S degree required; strong emphasis in science and/or biology preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of direct site management (monitoring) experience in a Bio/Pharma. / Clinical Research Organization.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 65%-75% of working time.
Expected traveling 2-3 days/week.
- The current driver's license required.
Core Competency Expectations:
- Fluent in Local Languages and English (verbal and written) and excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand and present technical information effectively.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of clinical research, phases of clinical trials, current International Conference on Harmonization Good Clinical Practice (GCP/ICH) & country clinical research law & guidelines.
- Excellent understanding of Global, Country/Regional Clinical Research Guidelines, and ability to work within these guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/lead
- Hands-on knowledge of Good Documentation Practices
- Proven Skills in Site Management including independent management of site performance and patient recruitment
- Demonstrated high level of monitoring skill with independent professional judgment.
- Good IT skills (Use of MS office, use of various clinical IT applications on the computer, tablet, and mobile devices) and ability to adapt to new IT applications on various devices.
- Ability to understand and analyze data/metrics and act appropriately
Behavioral Competency Expectations:
- Effective time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, conflict management, problem-solving skills
- Able to work highly independently across multiple protocols, sites and therapy areas
- High sense of accountability/urgency. Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a changing environment
- Works effectively in a matrix multicultural environment. Ability to establish and maintain culturally sensitive working relationships
- Works with high quality and compliance mindset
- Demonstrates commitment to Customer focus
* This is a remote-based position
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Remote Work
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License:Yes
Number of Openings:1
Today's Merck is a global healthcare leader working to help the world be well. Merck is known as MSD outside the United States and Canada. Through our prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and consumer care and animal health products, we work with customers and operate in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions. We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to healthcare through far-reaching policies, programs and partnerships. For more information, visit www.merck.com.
Kelly | Salt Lake City, Utah
HCA Human Resources, LLC | Salt Lake City, Utah
HCA Human Resources, LLC | Salt Lake City, Utah
BrightSpring Health Services | Salt Lake City, Utah
BrightSpring Health Services | Salt Lake City, Utah
Anthem, Inc. | Hill Afb, Utah
Anthem, Inc. | Draper, Utah