Location: USA VA McLean - Customer Proprietary (VAC036)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ94576
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Customer Services and Information Technology Officer joining our team to support Government activities at McLean, Va.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Customer Services and Information Technology Officer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to solve complex IT close support problems in a team environment. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Using the ESMT ticketing system,
- Installing and troubleshooting VTC, and
- Trouble shoot software such as MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Technical Skills: Experience with customer's operational environment to include desktop hardware, software, peripherals, web technologies, security guidelines, operating systems, network/systems or integration and installation. Experience with password resets, share drive, upgrading workstations to Windows 10, and willingness to learn and ability to be receptive to change.
- Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Preferred Qualifications: Experience performing install.
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer's ability to effectively execute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
Independently provides advance level technical interpretation and solutions in the management of networks, software, hardware, configurations, and architectures.
Troubleshoots system hardware and software specific issues that are moderate to high complexity in scope.
Trains end users on the proper use of hardware and software.
Performs advance software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
Ensures workstation/server data integrity by implementing standard software and hardware solutions.
Independently ensures data/media recoverability by following a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
Conducts advance hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
Ensures that performance and security of computers meet the needs of network users.
Applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. May provide guidance to less-experienced personnel.
Evaluates existing systems and assists with planning long-term strategies.
May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 5+ years of experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA McLean
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!
General Dynamics | Mc Lean, Virginia