LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT VALUES YOUR POTENTIAL?
A job with AT&T as an Temporary Outside Plant Technician can provide you with exactly that!
Take advantage of our paid training and wide range of career possibilities. AT&T offers a competitive salary, company provided vehicle and tools and benefits that include medical, dental, paid vacation, and more!
Our Temporary Outside Plant Technicians work both inside and outside to test and repair equipment and services for our customers.
What you'll do as an AT&T Temporary Outside Plant Technician:
• Place aerial and underground copper and fiber cable
• Perform various jobs with copper splicing and assist in fiber splicing
• Perform construction work such as digging holes, placing cable, air pipe and inner duct in various types of conduit systems and open excavations
• Work with heavy duty power equipment and small tools in the installation, repair and maintenance of outside plant facilities
Have you worked 5 or more years performing construction work that involves cable splicing and/or operating heavy machinery? If yes, you could be eligible for a starting pay of up to $27/hour. Don’t have 5 years of experience? We offer a competitive salary for all levels of expertise and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
In addition to possessing strong communication skills, our Temporary Outside Plant Technicians must:
• Possess a valid state driver license
• Meet 275lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions
• Perceive differences in wire and cable colors
• Climb poles, climb ladders and work aloft with hand tools
• Lift and/or pull up to 120lbs
• Work outside in all kinds of weather
• Work in attics, basements, crawl spaces, manholes and other similar places
• Use computers including hand-held models to update work status and check new assignments
• Work mandatory overtime and holidays as service conditions require
• AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
• Qualify on pre-employment screening
Study Guides (click the links below to open the various study guides)
Technical/Mechanical Test III (TMT III)
AT&T is bringing it all together for our customers, from revolutionary smartphones to next-generation TV services and sophisticated solutions for multi-national businesses.
For more than a century, we have consistently provided innovative, reliable, high-quality products and services and excellent customer care. Today, our mission is to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. We're fulfilling this vision by creating new solutions for consumers and businesses and by driving innovation in the communications and entertainment industry.
We're recognized as one of the leading worldwide providers of IP-based communications services to businesses. We also have the nation's most reliable 4G LTE network.* We also have the largest international coverage of any U.S. wireless carrier, offering the most phones that work in the most countries. AT&T operates the nation's largest Wi-Fi network** including more than 32,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots at popular restaurants, hotels, bookstores and retailers, and provides access to nearly 1 million hotspots globally through roaming agreements.
AT&T U-verse is TV inspired by you. It's TV the way you want it, with tons of cool features and capabilities. AT&T is the only national TV service provider to offer a 100-percent IP-based television service. It's part of our "three-screen" integration strategy to deliver services across the three screens people rely on most - the mobile device, the PC and the TV.
As we continue to break new ground and deliver new solutions, we're focused on delivering the high-quality customer service that is our heritage.
AT&T | Albertville, Alabama
AT&T | Anniston, Alabama
AT&T | Gadsden, Alabama
TravelCenters of America/ Petro Stopping | Gadsden, Alabama
Kelly | Crossville, Alabama
Kelly | Lincoln, Alabama
Kelly | Lincoln, Alabama
Bureau Veritas | Jacksonville, Alabama
Spectrum | Albertville, Alabama
TravelCenters of America/ Petro Stopping | Lincoln, Alabama