Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team is responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Under limited supervision, the NE II assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to high) complexity. As a member of the team, you will develop and implement network enhancements while following corporate standards. You will be sought after for recommendations for improvement and assists in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs
- Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Contributes in designing corporate standards and develops network enhancements
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Leading project teams that maintain and improve network operations.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.'
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field, and / or related work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of network engineering experience
- Minimum two (2) years experience with Cisco and/or Juniper
- At least two (2) years of Data network experience
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Tuesday thru Friday, 10AM - 8PM
- Ability to use ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Knowledge of basic network devices, basic network appliances and network designing software; such as Visio
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
- Knowledge of company products and services
Here, employees dont just have jobs, they build careers. Thats why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $73,100.00. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Spectrum's Product and Services are powered and innovated by Charter Communications, Inc. the leading broadband communications company in the United States. Our company provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including Spectrum TV™ video entertainment programming, Spectrum Internet™ access, and Spectrum Voice™. Spectrum Business® similarly provides scalable, tailored, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to business organizations, such as business-to-business Internet access, data networking, business telephone, video and music entertainment services, and wireless backhaul. The advertising sales and production services are sold under the Spectrum Reach™ brand. News and sports networks are operated under the Spectrum Networks brand.
Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of our business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our more than 95,000 employees.
Your next career can be as impactful as your last one. As a veteran or active military service person, you have the skills, talent, and training to make a difference at Spectrum. More than 11,000 veterans have already found a home at our advanced TV, Internet, Voice and Mobile company. You can find yours, too, in areas like Technical Operations, Field Operations, Network Operations, Construction, Engineering, Sales, and more. When you join us, you join a company dedicated to you and your success.
Spectrum | Greenwood Village, Colorado