PAY RATE: 16.50
Pep Boys is driven by its customer promise, "We go further to help you go farther." Founded 100 years ago by military veterans, generations of drivers have counted on Pep Boys ASE-certified Pros to service their vehicles. With a national network of nearly 1,000 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, and 27 distribution centers, Pep Boys employs more than 8,000 people. Over 7 million vehicles pass through Pep Boys bays each year, and our commitment to being the ONE our communities count on is demonstrated through our exceptional customer experience and support of the critical technical training initiatives needed to close America's skills gap. For more information, visit www.pepboys.com.
The Tire Team Member I is responsible for ensuring inventory accuracy and integrity in the distribution center/hub by carefully checking in parts and tires, completing proper computer processing or paperwork, stocking or storing as appropriate and pulling the correct parts for our Pep Boys stores. This position will check to make sure all shelves/bins are correctly stocked and carefully inspect all parts for missing pieces and used parts in the box, check each bin and record all adjustments to the inventory. This position will also unload the delivery trucks, sort through all the totes and coffins, locate paperwork for the office and place products in the correct location on the shelf/bin. This position may be required to make deliveries. This position is responsible for safely operating a delivery vehicle less than three (3) tons and ensuring the delivery load is stacked, padded, and properly secured. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Operate and preventively maintain warehouse/hub vehicles and equipment as needed
- Ensure all delivery loads are stacked, padded, and properly secured
- Verify the load accuracy against the Bill of Lading and acquire the appropriate signatures
- Load and unload product on the delivery vehicle by hand, hand truck or dolly
- Follow all policies and procedures related to product return policies
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Valid driver's license with no DUIs is required
- Ability to maintain a driving record which meets federal, state and company standards is required
- 1 year of experience in logistics, warehousing or similar is preferred
- Tire and parts product knowledge or ability to obtain product knowledge is required
- Hazmat and/or forklift certification is a plus
- Ability to read instructions, policies, procedures, bills of lading, and product descriptions is required
- Ability to complete written forms is required
- Strong customer service skills
- Successful completion of a drug screen is required
- Ability to exercise good judgement and work independently
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Frequent standing, walking, pushing and reaching for long periods of time
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise
- May work outside and be exposed to weather
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust
- Enter and locate information on computer
- Visually verify information, often in small print
- Safely operate a motor vehicle
SHIFTING CAREERS INTO HIGH GEAR
Pep Boys was founded by Navy veterans in 1921 and today, we proudly employ military veterans and reserve-duty servicemembers like you throughout nearly 1,000 locations and over 9,000 service bays. If you’re passionate about vehicles and servicing the communities that depend on them, your unique and valuable skillsets will be a perfect match for our service bays, distribution centers, or store support centers.
We offer a variety of career options across the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as extensive training and development opportunities and a wide array of health and wellness benefits. Our mission is simple: to make quality car care simple, convenient, and accessible for everyone.
At Pep Boys, we go further to help your career go farther.
Pep Boys | Blasdell, New York
Pep Boys | Tonawanda, New York
Pep Boys | Amherst, New York
Pep Boys | Hamburg, New York
Pep Boys | Lockport, New York
Pep Boys | Hamburg, New York