Saving lives starts with you. It starts with a chain of events you initiate when you work for McKesson Pharmaceutical. Come join our winning team at our BRAND NEW, 170,000 sq ft. distribution center, located in Holt, MI.
McKesson is a Fortune 500 company with over 30,000 "partners" providing excellent benefits and a great work environment.
The Facilities Assistant candidate will be well-rounded in industrial electrical skills, repair experience, and have knowledge of a broad range of complex facility systems. This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to perform complex technical tasks as well as leading and training team members.
Available Shift: Training schedule is Mon-Friday 9am -5pm through completion of orientation/training.
- 2nd Shift Mon - Fri 6:00 pm - 2:00 am
- Maintenance, modification, troubleshooting, and repair of a wide variety of challenging electronic and electro-mechanical systems in a distribution center environment.
- Provide electrical support for all facility systems and equipment including but not limited to conveyors, A-Frames, Printers, Strappers, Compressors, and other automated technologies.
- Demonstrate skills in all phases of facility maintenance including electrical troubleshooting.
- Self-starter in new system and equipment learning and training.
- Proven ability to lead and train other facilities assistants.
- Communicate with and maintain effective relationships with vendors.
- Proven ability to read and understand electrical schematics is required.
- Experience with troubleshooting control systems ranging from relay logic to microprocessor-based controls.
- Excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems including power feeders, transformers, generators, switchgear, AC/DC drives, PLCs, UPS systems, compressors, strappers air handling units, and CRAC units.
- Proven ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on facility systems.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on call.
- Must have flexibility with work hours and days, including holidays and short notice call in.
- Proven ability to lead, communicate and motivate team members under normal conditions as well as during times of high-pressure situations due to system failures.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively between facilities team, vendors, operations, and IT.
- Experience with and ability to train others on LOTO and OSHA regulations.
- Experience with CMMS programs such as Maintenance Connection.
- 2+ years in mechanical/HVAC, electrical, or a combination of both is preferred.
- Knowledge of the NEC and light electrical construction experience is desired.
- Associate degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field.
Career Level - IC-Operations Support - O3
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
We’re a pioneer in supply, health and IT solutions. Join us, and spark a chain reaction of events that add up to something huge: helping millions of people get more from their healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we’re helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson, you’re part of a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.Our Employees – Our Future
McKesson believes that superior performance – individual and team - that helps us drive innovations and solutions that promote better health for all should be recognized and rewarded. We believe our competitive compensation program helps to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, gives employees the opportunity to share in ownership of the company, and remains flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
Find out more about our comprehensive benefits offerings that provide employees with the resources and tools they need to thrive both in their jobs and their everyday lives:
- Health and wellness
- Retirement benefits
- Continued learning
- Diversity and Inclusion
Land O'Lakes | Lansing, Michigan
PepsiCo | Howell, Michigan
WEC Energy Group Inc. | Olivet, Michigan
Alro Steel Corporation | Charlotte, Michigan
Ryder System Inc. | Lansing, Michigan
Emergent Biosolutions Inc. | Lansing, Michigan
Stiles Machinery | Lansing, Michigan
Raytheon | Delhi Charter Township, Michigan
Love's Travel Stops | Grand Ledge, Michigan
Eaton | Jackson, Michigan