September 29, 2021, through October 1, 2021
The Central Sterile Processing (CSP) Coordinator is knowledgeable of and responsible for the process of collection, disinfection, assembly and sterilization of instrumentation, equipment and supplies throughout the hospital. The Coordinator schedules, assigns work areas, and monitors the work performance and hospital policy/standards compliance for all CSP Colleagues. Assumes the role of working Coordinator to ensure efficient work flow when needed. Assumes twenty-four-hour responsibility/accountability for operations within the CSP department.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent required age 18 or older.
- Central Sterile Processing Technician Certification required which is maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Two-three years minimum management experience in Central Sterile Processing management is required.
- Must be able to read, write legibly and understand instructions and names of surgical/house instruments and supplies.
- Must have thorough knowledge of aseptic technique and procedures, surgical disinfection, assembly, and sterilization techniques and procedures,
- Must have thorough knowledge of Infection Prevention and work flow principles and requirements, equipment and supply processing; demonstrates and exercises responsible judgment to provide necessary supplies and equipment for patient care.
- Must be computer literate to complete task (s) as required-such as Meditech (hospital support software), Halogen (performance appraisal system), Relias (education system), ability to retrieve emails, complete online enrollment for health insurance/benefits and any other programs, as assigned.
“AultCare was created for the community and although we’ve grown in our geographic reach, services and provider listing over the past two decades, our focus continues to be the community.” AultCare administers payment of health benefits for employers for: Medical Dental Vision Short-term disability Workers' compensation Flexible spending accounts Benefit plans administered by AultCare include group or individual coverage and Medicare Advantage plans for Medicare eligibles.