Obtains orders through email and telephone calls, verifies and enters items, transfers orders to fulfillment, explains stock-outs and expected delivery dates.
Increases orders by suggesting related items, explaining features, and checks customer’s buying history.
Owns, qualifies and develops opportunities passed from marketing, outside sales, and national accounts.
Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes.
Prepares, generates, and follows up on verbal or written quotations to secure orders, or determine reason for loss of order.
Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items, including those items that may be at risk in meeting customer’s promised delivery date.
Maintains distribution system backorder report, associated customer expediting report and notices, and customer notification.
Reports industry trends, competitive pricing and customer feedback to management.
- Requires knowledge and experience in Sales and Sales Administration; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills, however fully competent and productive professional contributor (2-3 years).
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, and ability to perform basic computer skills.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prospect and market concepts to existing and potentially new accounts.
- Ability to take action and solve a range of problems that may be difficult, but are not typically complex.
- Identifies and defines problems and possible solutions independently; chooses among existing solutions
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- Employee required to problem-solve.
- Employee required to communicate with the public.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.
WESCO Distribution is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor - we're a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs and increase efficiency through LEAN Customer Value Creation (LCVC); and save energy with Green and Sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service, and results that exceed customer expectations.
Sysco | Farmington Hills, Michigan
Sysco | Warren, Michigan
Sysco | Auburn Hills, Michigan
A.J.M. Packaging Corporation | Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Arrow Electronics | Plymouth, Michigan
Resolute Industrial | Troy, Michigan
MCM Staffing, LLC | Redford Charter Township, Michigan
Avis Budget Group | Flint, Michigan
Avis Budget Group | Detroit, Michigan
Johnson Controls, Inc. | Livonia, Michigan