Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

The client is a dynamic mid-Atlantic company with OEM machinery touchpoints located both domestically and worldwide. Service Technicians are responsible for the installation of machines in the customer's facilities, providing technical direction to the customer, maintenance, operation, and repair, as well as refurbishing and retrofitting existing machines. The company's commitment to custom installation also means that a Service Technician's mechanical and electrical technical abilities will always be challenged and grown.

Company creates custom machinery for all types of industry making it a highly dynamic, ever-changing environment. No two days will be the same. The organization has a deep-rooted history in employees working for decades, which demonstrates a commitment to longevity and professional growth. The company prides itself with its "we're in this together" work culture, seeing its employees as its greatest assets. Currently the organization is experiencing rapid growth, which requires increasing the size of their bench. They truly believe the military veteran population is a fantastic pool to recruit from.

50% of the Service Technician's work schedule will be dedicated to domestic or world-wide travel. When the Service Technician is not traveling, they will report to the main company office. The travel schedule is typically Monday morning - Friday afternoon, however-there are times where the job may require that time away is extended. Installation will consist of approximately 30% of travel time, with troubleshooting making up the remaining 70% of the time.

Installation travel is scheduled approximately 1-2 weeks in advance and runs Monday morning through Friday afternoon. Troubleshooting travel is typically scheduled 1 week to a few days in advance, normally runs Monday morning - Friday afternoon. The goal of the company is to consider the Technician’s personal schedules and vacations when traveling so that it does not affect time off, despite the customer needs. The company also has a Field Service Technician travel bonus not typically seen at other companies.

Longevity is a touchstone at this company. Company culture embraces its employees in a family-like atmosphere, and it is not uncommon to find employees with multiple decades of experience.

$27 - $33 Hourly + overtime, per diem credit card, travel bonus, relocation assistance, insurance (health, dental and vision), 401k with company match, and a 3-year vesting schedule.

The PTO policy includes vacation and personal days, 9 paid holidays and includes maternity/paternity leave. The company also provides an option for an annual gym reimbursement. There is even the ability to purchase work tools at the company discounted rate and use the company facility for personal work. All of these benefits are available within the first 30 days of employment.

PTO (vacation and personal days), 9 paid holidays, maternity/paternity leave.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

Get Connected with Fortune 1000 Employers Nationwide

Do you want to take the unique strengths you acquired in the military and leverage them in the civilian world? Bradley-Morris has been assisting veterans and transitioning military professionals from every U.S. military branch for more than 25 years. Contact us today for more information!

 

The Bradley-Morris Difference

 

  • All of our recruiting and career guidance services are provided at no cost to our candidates.
  • We are dedicated to providing jobs for retired military and military veterans.
  • Bradley-Morris has the largest client base in the industry.
  • We are dedicated to delivering a positive candidate experience for transitioning and former military professionals.
  • We do not require any of our candidates to sign exclusivity or “handcuff” agreements. Our job seekers are free to use us as a resource, along with other methods.

Resources to Utilize:

 

  • Candidate Application: Expand you civilian career resources by filling out our no-obligation application
  • Bradley-Morris  Job Board: Search and apply for additional career opportunities
  • Latest News: Browse our blog for the latest career tips and insights.

**Have questions? Check out our Job Seeker FAQ page.**

Similar jobs