Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position is in Kansas City, MO***
Primary responsibility will the development and design of Printed Circuit Boards for a wide range of electronic circuits used in test equipment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Will use a CAD system using Mentor Graphics Design Capture or Designer and Expedition PCB
- Works with mechanical engineers, PCB manufacturing vendors, and contract assemblers to complete quick-turn prototype PCB assemblies
- Work with Engineers to develop and build test equipment systems for Analog, digital, electro mechanical and RF electronics
- Review schematics, research electronic components, and update and maintain PCB libraries
- Provide feedback to Design Engineers as needed to ensure functionality and manufacturability of PCB designs
- Suggest options when faced with challenging PCB Design situations including providing resolution to non-standard problems
- Build prototypes for testing and experimentation, and make samples for further analysis
You Must Have:
- U.S. Citizenship in order to obtain US Dept. of Energy ""Q"" level security clearance
- Associate or Bachelor of Science Electronic Engineering Technology or Electronic Technician required
- Two (2) or more years technical experience in addition to education requirements
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills and ability to effectively listen and lead
- Self motivated, proactive, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Experience using MS Office Suite desktop applications, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Previous experience in development or design of Printed Circuit Boards(PCB)
- Previous experience with any E·CAD (Electronic Computer Aided Drafting) tools
- IPC Certified Interconnect Designer(C.I.D.) Certification
- Existing DOE Q Clearance Preferred
- Experience with electronic test equipment design, including hardware and software
- JOB ID: req300833
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.