• Leads and participates in the design, build and management of large-scale data structures and pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows
• Develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy GCP application at the direction of lead architects, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling and advanced analytics
• Participates in all aspects of the software development life cycle for GCP solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
• Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes
• Uses strong programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build knowledge in GCP architecture, and commands to design and optimize queries to build pipelines
• Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
• Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
• Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
• Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
• Work in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
• Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
• Ensure Performance standards by configuring Auto-Scaling Solution to meet varying Load requirements
5 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability
• Strong Collaboration and communication skills within and across teams
• Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources
• Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems
• Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX commands
• Knowledge in Python, Hive, BigQuery, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar
• Knowledge in Hadoop and GCP architecture, and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in HDFS or GCP environment
• Experience building data transformation and processing solutions
• Has strong knowledge of large-scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines
Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."