The Advisory Consultant II is a position in the Investment Advisory Center that enhances the enterprise advice capabilities to serve clients with high net worth and complex needs. This job is under TIAA's Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) and Broker-Dealer group and delivers a range of episodic and comprehensive advice for TIAA clients and prospects. The Advisory Consultant II works as part of a small team dedicated to a more complex, targeted client segment with specialized needs and leverages enhanced blended digital solutions. This job is responsible for retention, asset growth, delivering advice, and client experience as measured in client engagement surveys.During your initial period of employment, you will receive training on TIAA's products and the role will be non-exempt - meaning you will be paid on an hourly basis and eligible for overtime pay. After the training period has concluded, based on the client-facing duties of the position, the role will be exempt and you will be paid on a salaried basis at the same rate (i.e., your weekly salary will be equal to your hourly rate multiplied by 40) and you will no longer be eligible for overtime pay.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides a range of episodic advice to TIAA participants regarding a full, holistic financial plan.
- Engages clients face-to-face via video chat, balancing inbound and outbound responsibilities to best serve and grow assigned book of business.
- Drives asset growth, retention, retail product adoption, and lifetime income solutions.
- Ensures a world class advisory experience as measured by Net Promoter Scores.
- Assesses a broad spectrum of client needs to determine the most appropriate solutions for the client (need for a full plan, episodic advice, and/or tailored individual TIAA investment and financial wellness needs (Managed Accounts, IRAs, Banking, Brokerage, 529, Protection, Debt Management, etc.)).
- Makes referrals to appropriate partners within the organization (i.e. Wealth Management Advisors, TIAA Bank, and Insurance).
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
- SRC Indicator: Series 7; Series 63; Series 65; Series 66
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- FINRA and resident state insurance licenses can be obtained within 120 days of hire, but are preferred at time of application.
Potential Salary: $38.46 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That's why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
Build a career that makes an impact!
From retirement, to asset management, to banking, we have opportunities for you. At TIAA, you’ll do meaningful work helping clients pursue financial well-being. Here, your voice is heard and your ideas are welcome.
Passion for life, meet money for life!
Helping those who help others find confidence in retirement is our mission. Founded 100+ years ago to help teachers retire with dignity, our reach now extends well beyond education. We stand hand-in-hand with 5M+ clients to help fortify their money and ignite their dreams.
At TIAA, we know our people make the difference for our customers. That’s why we offer diverse career opportunities and rich programs and benefits to support their professional and personal needs.
We here at TIAA support our Veterans, and Veteran Spouses by providing a business resource group dedicated specifically for Active Military, Veterans, and their families!
Join a winning team that has been awarded for:
- Top 50 Companies for Diversity 2020
- Worlds Most Ethical Companies 2021
- Best Companies for Latinas 2019
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers 2019
- Forbes Best Companies for Women 2018
TIAA | Lewisville, Texas
TIAA | Lewisville, Texas