World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.Entity and activity description
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies – from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells – even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA™ and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Please click on the link below for additional information regarding Air Liquide Advanced Materials:
Air Liquide Advanced Materials (ALAM)Job Responsibilities
Located in Upper Mount Bethel, PA
Air Liquide Advanced Materials is currently seeking a Lab Technician I to join the team. Quality Control Technician will utilize procedures and techniques in performing a broad range of duties related to the routine activities of analytical operations. The QC Technician conducts assessments, in support of Production, to monitor product quality. QC Technicians are responsible for following procedures to ensure proper results of test samples and finished products and comprehensively document all test results. This position will require an individual to be able to work the night shift and weekends, along with the ability to adapt to a shift or schedule change as needed.
Night shift work including weekends and holidays.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The successful individual MUST be willing and able to work in a highly structured work environment with regard to safe and consistent conformance to operating procedures and work practices
- Have a general knowledge of the basic principles of chemistry and basic techniques used in analytical laboratories.
- Ensure timely throughput of product through lab work queue
- Analyze various raw/ in-process materials and finished goods using multiple analytical techniques (GC's, FTIR's, IC, ICP/MS, process analyzers, moisture analyzers, etc.)
- Report problems with analytical instrumentation and assist in subsequent repair(s) problems with analytical instrumentation and assist in subsequent repair(s)
- Maintain analytical equipment including preventive maintenance as directed by the lab supervisor
- Accurately input and document analytical data into all necessary analytical databases/LIMS.
- Conforms to ISO 9001:2015 directives included but not limited to policy and procedures. Strictly adhere to all necessary calibration requirements within all lab operations.
- Through observation of work area(s), is alert to and avoid unsafe behaviors and conditions or other hazards. Reports any observed hazards to supervisor. Strictly adheres to all safety policies including, but not limited to HAZWOPER, Electronic Communications Policy (ECP), and LOTO policies
- Ensure compliance with the formalized written PPE program for all laboratory activities.
- Participate in ongoing continuous improvement initiatives of analytical process systems.
- Support investigate of production defects and assist Quality Team in control of Non-conforming material
- Work effectively and cooperatively with production staff and members of the QC team
- Actively participate on ALAM’s emergency response (ER) team and ER entry team
- Must be and remain clean shaven at all times (where applicable)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Coursework in Chemistry or related training with 1+ years of lab and Gas Chromatography (GC) experience.
- Flexible hours and shift work is a strong possibility.
- Must be and remain clean shaven at all times (where applicable)
- Ability to wear a full face tight fitting respirator and a fully encapsulated (Level A) ER suit, Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), or any other tight-fitting and/or supplied air respirators (SAR)
- Ability to medically pass a respiratory test and physical test in order to wear a full face respirator as required
- Fitness for duty, including but not limited to: ability to lift 50 pounds and climb ladders
- AS degree preferred and/or 1 year of experience in specialty or electronic gas production operations
- Experience in laboratory operations within a production plant environment in a quality assurance/control function preferred.
- Experience with formalized analytical validation programs is desired, as is the knowledge of hazardous materials
- Hands on GC maintenance, method repair and development, and GC/gas systems troubleshooting experience preferred
- In lieu of direct analytical experience, experience in specialty or electronic gas production operations qualified at a minimum of Process Technician I.
Air Liquide is a global leader, constantly striving to stay on top in a fast paced, high-tech industry. Our careers provide you with an immediate opportunity to contribute. We give you the responsibility to find customer solutions and the autonomy needed to get things done. The diversity of our businesses and our worldwide operations mean a career at Air Liquide can take you almost anywhere you want to go.
Air Liquide Group relies on the skills and commitment of over 43,000 people throughout the world with a broad range of responsibilities in a variety of industries. It is through their efforts that we have become a world leader in industrial and medical gases with a reputation for excellence.
The diversity of our employees is a driving force behind our success. Present in over 75 countries, our people are a mixture or gender, race, culture, nationality, education and professional experience. Their combined competencies allow us to capitalize on fast changing opportunities worldwide.
One of Air Liquide's strategic themes is developing our talents. Recruiting, training, mobility...more competent and motivated teams are and will continue to be one of the foundations of Air Liquide's growth and leadership.
Our Career Philosophy
At Air Liquide we trust in the initiative of our people. We believe our employees are the source of our success and rely on their intelligence, creativity and determination to continuously improve our performance. We give people responsibility and trust them to get the job done. The link between our employees and our success means we must continuously attract the best people. To do so, Air Liquide must be a great place to work. Our mission is to ensure this is the case.
A career at Air Liquide means the opportunity to explore many different types of work all over the world while remaining within the same company. It means being part of a company heavily invested in your development—your success drives ours and we prepare you to succeed. It also means working for a company that believes your success is dependent on a healthy balance between your personal and professional lives.
Air Liquide USA, LLC | Upper Mount Bethel Township, Pennsylvania