World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.Entity and activity description
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies – from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells – even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA™ and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Please click on the link below for additional information regarding Air Liquide Advanced Materials:
Air Liquide Advanced Materials (ALAM)Job Responsibilities
Located in Upper Mount Bethel, PA
Our Production Technicians operate our chemical processes and perform production related activities, utilizing their chemical manufacturing knowledge and experience to operate and troubleshoot the plant in a safe and efficient manner. The Production Technician works in a team environment where collaboration and teamwork are critical to meeting the goals of the business. Will be required to work at any of the NE sites depending on business needs.
Production Technicians are required to work shift work including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Safely and efficiently operates their assigned processes to meet the day-to-day quality, production and productivity goals of ALAM.
- Drives a culture of "Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time" with their actions and their words on a daily basis
- Works well with other Technicians and Engineers to ensure that the experiments are done in a very safe and efficient manner
- Participate in monthly safety meetings and promote a safe work environment
- Develops work instructions or provide feedback on improving the work instructions
- Reviews and updates the Standard Operating Procedures
- Reviews and updates the Learning Resources for the processes
- Able to specify parts and equipment for building an experimental set-up, under the guidance of a Senior Technician or PD Engineer(s)
- Able to assemble equipment and build equipment skids or experimental set-ups, under the supervision & guidance of a Senior Technician or PD engineer(s)
- Participate in hazard analysis of a proposed experimental system and implements the recommendations of the PHA team
- Completes their annual personal goals to achieve the plant goals and their own personal development goals
- Document experimental observations carefully and be able to do simple mass balance calculations
- Cross-trains peers on approved functions
- Successfully completes all assigned trainings
- Actively participate on ALAM’s emergency response (ER) team and ER entry team
- Must be and remain clean shaven at all times
- Ability to wear a full face tight fitting respirator and a fully encapsulated (Level A) ER suit, Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), or any other tight-fitting and/or supplied air respirators (SAR)
- Ability to medically pass a respiratory test and physical test in order to wear a full face respirator as required
- HS diploma or GED
- Good working knowledge of specifying parts and equipment
- Ability to learn technical chemical processes quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with others to accomplish daily tasks and achieve the plant's goals
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels in the business
- Ability to perform technical troubleshooting to resolve process issues
- Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure and changing priorities
- Fitness for duty, including but not limited to: ability to lift 50 pounds and climb ladders
- Ability to work rotating shifts - day and/or nights
- Ability to roll cylinders- Rolling cylinders requires an individual to tilt a cylinder slightly with one hand, and use the other hand to move the cylinder forward by rolling it
- Fitness for duty, including but not limited to: ability to lift 50 pounds and have the ability to climb ladders
- Actively participate on ALAM’s emergency response (ER) team including as an ER entry team member, which requires wearing a tight fitting full-face respirator
- Associates Degree in Chemical Processing
- 2+ years experience in a process operations environment as a process or production technician
- 2+ years of chemical or other hazardous material handling
- Experience with handling of semiconductor chemicals
- Knowledgeable in analytical and purification techniques
- Military experience with Nuclear, Electronics or Mechanical training
- Familiar with P&IDs, BOM’s, and other engineering documentation
- Understanding of analytical processes for chemical processing
- Knowledge of root cause investigation process and methodology
- Knowledge of 5S and Lean manufacturing
Air Liquide is a global leader, constantly striving to stay on top in a fast paced, high-tech industry. Our careers provide you with an immediate opportunity to contribute. We give you the responsibility to find customer solutions and the autonomy needed to get things done. The diversity of our businesses and our worldwide operations mean a career at Air Liquide can take you almost anywhere you want to go.
Air Liquide Group relies on the skills and commitment of over 43,000 people throughout the world with a broad range of responsibilities in a variety of industries. It is through their efforts that we have become a world leader in industrial and medical gases with a reputation for excellence.
The diversity of our employees is a driving force behind our success. Present in over 75 countries, our people are a mixture or gender, race, culture, nationality, education and professional experience. Their combined competencies allow us to capitalize on fast changing opportunities worldwide.
One of Air Liquide's strategic themes is developing our talents. Recruiting, training, mobility...more competent and motivated teams are and will continue to be one of the foundations of Air Liquide's growth and leadership.
Our Career Philosophy
At Air Liquide we trust in the initiative of our people. We believe our employees are the source of our success and rely on their intelligence, creativity and determination to continuously improve our performance. We give people responsibility and trust them to get the job done. The link between our employees and our success means we must continuously attract the best people. To do so, Air Liquide must be a great place to work. Our mission is to ensure this is the case.
A career at Air Liquide means the opportunity to explore many different types of work all over the world while remaining within the same company. It means being part of a company heavily invested in your development—your success drives ours and we prepare you to succeed. It also means working for a company that believes your success is dependent on a healthy balance between your personal and professional lives.