Precision Tune Auto Care began as a small tune up shop in Beaumont, TX in 1976 and has grown to more than 320 service centers operating in six countries. We are a recognized world leader in the automotive service industry and have been a top rated franchise 500 company for more than 30 years! Our service centers provide total car care, from oil changes to engine replacement, diagnostics, auto repair and scheduled maintenance. Our culture is focused on integrity, vehicle safety and customer care. Precision Tune Auto Care is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
A Technician is primarily responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. A successful Technician will have direct interaction with customers and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle. A Technician will conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, drivability, emissions, steering and suspension, electrical, state safety and emissions testing, maintenance services, HVAC, starting and charging, and major engine. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- A Technician is responsible for all aspects of diagnosing and repairing a customer's vehicle, as well as, caring for the vehicle while it is being repaired and properly securing it after the repair is completed. We strictly adhere to a "do it right the first time" philosophy and a successful Technician will not exceed two or more comebacks within a four-week period of time.
- Will maintain a 90% minimum productivity performance level.
- Expected to comply with company policies and procedures, loss prevention, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances.
- Will ensure training completions are maintained at 100%.
- Will be a resource regarding technical matters related to installation and proper application of parts and accessories, while also providing accurate and effective direction, advice and assistance to service advisors, other technicians, commercial, retail and parts associates.
- Will passionately focus on customer needs, and drive the service center's performance with the highest degree of integrity and trust. Must be approachable by both customers and associates.
- The successful Technician will be expected to maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient use of service equipment and maintain certification status.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 6 months' experience as a certified technician or mechanic and four ASE's (Brakes & Steering and Suspension, plus two ASE's from the following: A1 Engine Repair, A6 Electrical, A7 HVAC, A8 Engine Performance, L1 Advanced Engine Performance) are required
- Additional ASE's are strongly encouraged. ASE equivalent certifications may be considered as part of the qualification process. However, we require all Technicians to achieve the required ASE certifications within two ASE testing cycles
- We promote a safe and skillful service operation, therefore, we pre-pay ASE registration and testing fees for Technicians who attempt to achieve their required ASE certifications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business reports, professional and/or technical journals, time reports, operational reports, government regulations, merchandising reports, plan-o-gram (merchandising) instructions or technical procedures
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Strong customer service skills Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Holidays and Weekends
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance. Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time. Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting. Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment. Enters and locates information on computer. Presents information to small and large groups. Visually verifies information, often in small print. Safely operates a motor vehicle. Talk and hear.
SHIFTING CAREERS INTO HIGH GEAR
Pep Boys was founded by Navy veterans in 1921 and today, we proudly employ military veterans and reserve-duty servicemembers like you throughout nearly 1,000 locations and over 9,000 service bays. If you’re passionate about vehicles and servicing the communities that depend on them, your unique and valuable skillsets will be a perfect match for our service bays, distribution centers, or store support centers.
We offer a variety of career options across the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as extensive training and development opportunities and a wide array of health and wellness benefits. Our mission is simple: to make quality car care simple, convenient, and accessible for everyone.
At Pep Boys, we go further to help your career go farther.
Penske Truck Leasing | Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Penske Truck Leasing | Nashville, Tennessee
Pep Boys | Nashville, Tennessee
Pep Boys | Nashville, Tennessee
Kelly | Smyrna, Tennessee
Sysco | Alexandria, Tennessee
Sysco | Smyrna, Tennessee
Sysco | Hendersonville, Tennessee
Sysco | Brentwood, Tennessee
Sysco | La Vergne, Tennessee