Are you looking to take your career to the next level? CVS Health is hiring for a Pharmacist In Charge at our CVS Pharmacy Specialty Services facility located in Portland, ME.
As the Pharmacist in Charge you will have the ability to manage the administrative, financial, and operational aspects of the Specialty Pharmacy. Directs and manages client services and pharmacy business functions with respect to clinical and customer services and pharmacy operations with accountability for service performance, customer satisfaction and financial performance, oversees all distributive and dispensing activity for the pharmacy. Ensures compliance with Federal, State and local laws and accreditation standards. Responsible to manage out of state non-resident licensure including securing pharmacist licenses as needed. Reviews and monitors dispensing incidents. Collaborates with other functional areas to support sales, operational and financial objectives of the specialty pharmacy services group as it relates to day-to-day pharmacy operations. Provide effective leadership and direction to all direct reports while managing and fostering a dynamic and progressive work environment characterized by high integrity, commitment to excellence and respect. Effectively communicates and implements company procedures for following all applicable internal controls necessary to comply with federal regulations and company policy.
Pharmacist in Charge must be available to manage off-hour emergency issues, patient/prescriber escalations, and facility issues.
We offer a competitive benefit package including vacation, 10 holidays per year, health/dental/vision insurance, employee discounted stock purchase program, 401K, tuition reimbursement, 20-30% employee discount at all CVS stores
*3+ years in a leadership role
*5+ years as a practicing retail or specialty pharmacist
* Pharmacist license for state of ME in good standing.
* Proven experience providing exceptional customer service ensuring that both medical professionals and patients are responded to with accurate and timely information.
* Proven ability to work in teams, providing leadership to enable timely completion of assigned work requirements.
* Proven strong problem analysis and decision making skills
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
*Previous management experience
* Management of a larger staff (10 or more including both technicians & pharmacist)
*Previous experience with URAC and ACHC
*Previous experience with Asembia
Bachelors of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm D
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."
CVS Health | Portland, Maine
CVS Health | Portland, Maine
CVS Health | Cape Elizabeth, Maine
CVS Health | Lewiston, Maine
CVS Health | Brunswick, Maine
CVS Health | Topsham, Maine
CVS Health | Windham, Maine
CVS Health | South Portland, Maine
CVS Health | Westbrook, Maine
CVS Health | Lewiston, Maine